Fitness Tip: Goal setting
April 10, 2015
As you are looking at setting goal for this year, make sure you make SMART fitness goals. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Accountable, Realistic and Timeframe.
• Be specific, such as "I want to lose 10 pounds" not "I want to lose some weight."
• Make goals measurable, for example, losing one pound per week.
• Being accountable and tracking your progress in a journal can be very motivating.
• Be realistic, and don't set your goals too lofty at or you might not achieve them and get discouraged.
• Set a reasonable timeframe your goal and a firm completion date.
Recommended Stories For You
By setting SMART fitness goals you will be more successful in achieving them.
Luke Geer, PT, DPT
TMH Rehabilitation Center