Fitness Tip: Get those steps in for better health
Do the low number of steps on your app or fitness watch make you sad? Aim to walk more when you can — park farther away, take the stairs, or try to get in a brisk walk during your morning and afternoon breaks. Following are some tips for increasing physical activity from choosemyplate.gov.
Stay active at home
• Join a walking group in the neighborhood or at the local shopping mall. Recruit a partner for support and encouragement.
• Get the whole family involved — enjoy an afternoon bike ride with your kids.
• Walk up and down the soccer or softball field sidelines while watching the kids play.
• Walk the dog — don’t just watch the dog walk.
• Clean the house, or wash the car.
• Do stretches, exercises, or pedal a stationary bike while watching television.
• Mow the lawn with a push mower.
Stay active at work
• Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10-minute walk. Ask a friend to go with you.
• Take part in an exercise program at work or at a nearby gym.
• Join or create an office sports team or walking group.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User