Fawn stuck in fence: On the record for July 6 to 8 | CraigDailyPress.com

Fawn stuck in fence: On the record for July 6 to 8

Lauren Blair

Craig Police Department

Thursday, July 6

8:13 a.m. On the 500 block of School Street, a caller reported a domestic disturbance between a man and woman who were yelling at each other. The woman stated she wanted to go home and then things quieted down, the caller said. Officers did not contact anyone.

9:37 a.m. At The Memorial Hospital Clinic, a female sought treatment for a dog bite. She reported she opened the gate and the dog, a medium-sized lab, bit her left forearm.

10:07 a.m. On the 3800 block of Exmoor Place, a woman reported a domestic violence incident. Her ex-husband wouldn’t leave the property after she asked him to leave. She reported there was a physical altercation and that he shoved her into the truck. Officers determined it was verbal only at this time and stayed on scene for a civil standby.

12:08 p.m. At the Public Safety Center, someone reported a theft of items stolen.

12:32 p.m. At the City Pool, officers responded to a report of a suspicious man who entered the facility and was acting odd in the lobby. When the caller asked if she could help the party, the man took off running west on Sixth Street. He was wearing dark grey T-shirt and had shoulder-length, brown, wavy hair.

2:03 p.m. On the 1100 block of Crest Drive, a man reported a burglary. His house had been broken into and multiple items were stolen, including several power tools and other tools, a 9 mm pistol and cash. There was no sign of forced entry.

7:12 p.m. On the 1900 block of Crockett Drive, a female reported a disturbance between her and her boyfriend. They were getting into a fight and the male could be heard in the background yelling. The girlfriend said he had been physical before, and reported he had a fire poker in his hand. The 28-year-old male, wearing no shirt and jeans, was arrested on charges of violation of a restraining order related to domestic violence and harassment.

8:08 p.m. On the 2100 block of Baker Drive, a mother requested her daughter’s ex-boyfriend be trespassed from her residence. He had reportedly been caught doing heroine and meth, and had called the mother threatening to beat her up. The ex-boyfriend was issued a trespass notice.

10:13 p.m. On the 300 block of Birch Street, officers responded to a report of a hit-and-run crash between a vehicle and a dog. An old white Dodge van reportedly ran over an older black dog with white on the face and chest. The dog died. He had been running around with a second dog, a husky, that had since left. The deceased dog did not have a collar.

Friday, July 7

8:06 a.m. On the 1400 block of Oak Street, a homeowner reported a suspicious young, white male wearing a white hoodie and glasses that appeared to be casing their and the neighbor’s houses and taking pictures. He was driving an older white Chevy Blazer, and when the caller approached him and asked what he was doing, he said he was waiting on someone, but no one showed up.

8:57 a.m. On the 700 block of East Victory way, officers responded to a non-injury car crash between a silver Lincoln sedan and dark grey Scion.

8:18 p.m. On the 700 block of Washington Street, officers responded to a report of theft of prescription medications.

8:58 p.m. On the 600 block of Wickes Avenue, a caller reported someone had stolen their identity. Officers found no crime at this time and provided the caller with information.

9:09 p.m. At Walmart, officers responded to a report of a disturbance. A woman reported a pre-teen boy, about 9 or 10 years old and possibly Hispanic, was getting belligerent when asked to leave and using profanity. He wore a black shirt and shorts, had a Mohawk and rode a green mini-bike. Officers were unable to locate the boy.

9:49 p.m. At Ninth Street and Jeremiah Avenue, someone reported a suspicious party was taking pictures. Officers advised them to move along.

9:52 p.m. On the 900 block of West First Street, a caller reported an assault. A man who spoke only Spanish said he was punched a few minutes ago. The parties were separated and no crime was found at this time.

10:12 p.m. At Village Inn, officers responded to a report of male child who had been left behind at the restaurant by his parents. He was in the restroom when they left. The boy was reunited with his parents.

Saturday, July 8

1:58 a.m. At Murdoch’s, officers responded to a suspicious black SUV parked by the front doors. Officers contacted the person and it was the manager of the store.

5:46 a.m. On Colorado Highway 13 in front of the Clarion Inn & Suites, a caller reported they found a pink purse with a woman’s ID.

8:52 a.m. At the Clarion, a woman reported she had lost her purse after she left it on top of her vehicle when leaving the hotel. She said it was a pink, plastic Coach purse with a debit card and $50 in cash. Officers called the woman back to advise her the purse had been found.

12:36 p.m. At the Recycling Center, officers responded to a report of small, grey poodle-type dog with a blue collar that was loose. The caller was concerned the dog would get hit by traffic on Highway 13.

2:03 p.m. At West Victory Way and Steele Street, officers responded to a report of a non-injury car crash between a Ford Taurus and a Buick. A summons was issued and one car needed a tow.

10:04 p.m. On the 800 block of Tucker Street, a woman reported a baby fawn was stuck in her fence and getting cut up as it tried to free itself. She then reported it got out and seemed to be moving around OK, but was injured. Officers advised the woman to call back if the fawn seemed seriously injured or unable to move around.

10:34 p.m. At the frontage road and Second Avenue West, officers responded to a report of verbal domestic disturbance. The parties were just talking very loudly and no crime was found.

10:36 p.m. At Thunder Roll Bowling, officers responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle. A female party reported she was walking home and a silver car kept circling and staring at her and had just pulled into the parking lot at the bowling alley. Officers gave the female a ride home.

11:10 p.m. On the north end of City Park, officers responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle. Officers contacted the driver and the party had gotten in a fight with their boyfriend and went to City Park to cool off. The party agreed to go somewhere else.

Crime & Courts

See more