Exterior of Moffat County home catches fire Wednesday night — house intact | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Exterior of Moffat County home catches fire Wednesday night — house intact

Craig Daily Press Staff Report
The exterior of a home, located 7514 Moffat County Road 33, caught fire Wednesday. The house in still habitable, said Craig/Fire Rescue Chief KC Hume.
Courtesy Photo

Craig/Fire Rescue firefighters were busy Wednesday night, containing a structure fire off of Moffat County Road 33.

About 11:40 p.m., firefighters were called to 7514 Moffat County Road 33 to assist with a bird nest that caught fire between a triple wall stove chimney pipe and the structure of a home, according to Craig/Fire Rescue Chief KC Hume.

The exterior of the home and the chimney chase caught fire, Hume said in a text message.

“No fire penetration (to) interior of home or attic space,” Hume said. “No injuries. Home habitable.”

Electricity to the home will need to be reestablished, as the service line near the fire was damaged, he said.

The newspaper will update readers as more information becomes available.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User