Education briefs for June 11
Excellent Educator awards given out
The Moffat County Education Association in partnership with Chapman Automotive Service Center awarded 24 free lube, oil filter and safety inspection certificates to deserving educators in Moffat County between February and May.
The Excellent Educator Award is a way for Chapman Automotive Center to recognize teachers and school transportation department employees for their contributions to the students in Moffat County.
“This is just a way for me and Paula to say ‘thank you’ to the teachers for all that they do for the kids,” said J.B. Chapman.
Chapman Automotive donates all of the gift certificates, and monthly drawings are held at each school to determine the winners.
East Elementary — Jeannie Albee
Sunset Elementary — Linda Hershberg
Ridgeview Elementary –Britni Alexander
Craig Intermediate School — Lucretia Wilson
Craig Middle School — Renae Dove
Moffat County High School — Bill Toovey
East Elementary — Terri Voorhees
Sunset Elementary — Steve Martinson
Ridgeview Elementary –Adele Warren
Craig Intermediate School — Renee Engel
Craig Middle School — Dwight Severson
Moffat County High School — Susie Lord
East Elementary — Celeste Sanchez
Sunset Elementary — Linda Brown
Ridgeview Elementary –Sue Goodenow
Craig Intermediate School — Laura Christansen
Craig Middle School — Darla Ripkoski
Moffat County High School — Eric Hansen
East Elementary — Paula Kinkaid
Sunset Elementary — Eric Taylor
Ridgeview Elementary –Sandy Buckner
Craig Intermediate School — Misty Jones
Craig Middle School — Annette McCurdy
Moffat County High School — Karla Schaefer
Boys and Girls Club activities resume
Club hours: Monday — Friday, noon to 6 p.m.
Early Bird hours: Monday — Friday, 7:30 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Early Bird Fees
Per child — $10/day; $45 per punch card (5 punches); $350 whole summer (9 weeks).
Family charge (3 or more members of the same family) — $10/day, per child; $40 per punch card, per child (5 punches); $300 whole summer (9 weeks), per child.
- Early bird participants must bring their lunches daily.
- Members who are not participating in the Early Bird program must have had lunch before they come to the club.
- All fees must be paid in advance with cash or check.
- All field trip waivers must be signed upon payment of trip.
- An afternoon snack will be provided to members at no cost.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
- There will be an extra charge for field trips.
- For field trips that leave during Early Bird hours, the field trip fee is either waived or reduced by the amount paid for Early Bird.
- All field trips will be on first-come, first-served basis with the full amount due at the time the member is signed up.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User