Craig Fire/Rescue responds to minor electrical fire | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Craig Fire/Rescue responds to minor electrical fire

Craig Daily Press Staff Report







— Craig Fire/Rescue responded to a call at 2 a.m. Tuesday for an electrical fire on East Fourth Street caused by an electric baseboard heater.

A heating element failed and sent sparks onto the carpet, catching it on fire, said Craig Fire/Rescue Battalion Chief Steve Lingo.

The homeowner was able to put out the flames with water before firefighters arrived.

Fire/Rescue made sure no sparks or smoldering remained and isolated that particular heating unit to prevent further issues.

Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.
 


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User