Craig family loses dog in small house fire | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Craig family loses dog in small house fire

Janelle O'Dea
Craig Fire/Rescue responded to a structure fire in the 2200 block of Third Street on Thursday morning. Battalion Chief Troy Hampton said after the initial investigation, it's believed a small electrical appliance or faulty electrical wiring in the kitchen started the fire.
Courtesy Photo

— A structure fire in Craig left a dog dead and a family displaced on Thursday morning, according to fire officials.

Craig Fire/Rescue responded to a structure fire in the 2200 block of Third Street on Thursday morning.

The home belongs to the Cameron Bennett family, according to the Moffat County property ownership database.



The Bennetts were not home at the time of the fire. The family dog did not survive.

One of the first responders, Battalion Chief Troy Hampton, said after the initial investigation, it’s believed a small electrical appliance or faulty electrical wiring in the kitchen started the fire.



Hampton said a victims advocate is working with the family to find temporary shelter, as the structure isn’t likely to be salvaged because of heat and smoke damage. Some personal belongings were saved.

A neighbor called in the fire, according to Hampton.

Contact Janelle O’Dea at 970-875-1795 or jodea@CraigDailyPress.com or follow her on Twitter @jayohday.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.