Craig Economic Development Committee closer to funding wayfinding plans
Craig’s Economic Development Committee will continue their work on grants and other business at their meeting Monday, Feb. 4 at 2 p.m. in the lower level of Craig City Hall.
According to the group’s agenda obtained Friday, committee members Andrea Camp, Tony Bohrer, Chris Nichols, and Peter Brixius will discuss older, ongoing initiatives first, including:
• Grant allocations for 2019 and grant maximum for consideration by Craig City Council
• A grant application for façade, landscaping and general exterior improvements, capital improvement grants for capital acquisitions toward equipment, machinery, and interior design improvements
• Approval of grants forms and guidelines
• A small business pulse survey
• Funding grants for a wayfinding initiative and finalizing a possible allocation of $62,800 per city council approval
The committee’s new business will begin with opportunity zones and the rules and guidelines Craig and Moffat County will need to meet in order to be eligible for a host of grants.
Other new business will include:
• The Main Street affiliate
• An SBDC funding request for $5,000
• A Chamber of Commerce “Shop Local” promotion presentation related to plans for a Tourism Week May 4 to May 11
• Finalizing monetary allocations for 2019 economic development priorities projects