Craig City Council to discuss funding demolition of condemned buildings
February 25, 2018
CRAIG – Craig City Council will likely decide Tuesday as to whether it will fund the demolition of condemned buildings that have been abandoned by their owners.
The Community Development Department requested $100,000 to fund demolitions. The cost of demolition can fluctuate due to the cost of asbestos abatement.
Council will discuss the funding and a number of other budget items in its 3 p.m. workshop Tuesday in the City Municipal Building. A decision will likely come at its 6:30 p.m. meeting in the same place.
Other items on the agenda include the following:
- Renewal of Carelli's Pizza's liquor license
- A swearing-in ceremony for Craig Police Chief Jerry DeLong
- A discussion of possible funding for Moffat County United Way's Human Resource Council
- Review Memorial Regional Health's appeal for an exception to zoning code regarding shade trees and the maximum building height of the new hospital complex
- Review budgets to carryover for projects not completed. This will be the first reading of this budget carryover ordinance.
- Award a bid for the Safe Routes to School Project
- Discuss a proposed contract regarding SBA Communications Corp.'s cell phone tower site atop the Sandrocks
- Award a bid for a new garbage truck
- Hear annual reports from the Water/Wastewater and Finance Departments
To see the full agenda for Tuesday's meeting, visit the city's website.