Craig City Council takes action at Tuesday meeting
Craig — During its regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday, the Craig City Council:
• Approved, 6-0, April 23 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 6-0, April bills of $549,237.27.
• Heard a presentation of Colorado Northwestern Community College Citizens Academic Scholarships to Taylor Duzik, Allen Miller and Morgan Shrum.
• Heard a presentation about the Bear River Young Life Colorado Cruiser car show to be held June 15 in downtown Craig.
• Approved, 6-0, proclaiming May 19 through 25 as Emergency Medical Services Week.
• Approved, 6-0, proclaiming May as Higher Education Month.
• Discussed diversifying city investments by participating in the Colorado Statewide Investment Program.
• Approved, 6-0, appointing City Council member Jarrod Ogden to the Craig/Moffat Airport Board.
• Heard the April Craig Police Department report.
City Council member Joe Bird was absent from Tuesday’s meeting.
Joe Moylan can be reached at 970-875-1794 or jmoylan@CraigDailyPress.com
As the United States honors the many individuals who have made the ultimate sacrifice this Memorial Day, multiple ceremonies in Moffat County will pay tribute as part of the holiday.