Craig City Council takes action at Tuesday meeting
July 25, 2012
At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Craig City Council:
• Approved, 4-0, July 10 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 4-0, the renewal of a retail liquor store license for Eastside Liquor, 539 E. Victory Way.
• Approved, 4-0, the postponement of a renewal of a 3.2 percent retail beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 W. Victory Way, due to the lack of a business representative present.
• Approved, 4-0, the postponement of a renewal of a 3.2 percent retail beer license for Walmart, 2000 W. Victory Way, due to the lack of a business representative present.
• Approved, 4-0, the approval of a temporary hotel and restaurant liquor license for Double Barrel Steakhouse, LLC, 351 Ranney St. The City Council will hold a hearing Aug. 28 to determine if the business will receive a regular license.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 4-0, a $49,868.50 bid from Anson Excavating for curb, gutter and concrete improvements.
• Heard a monthly financial report on behalf of Finance Director Bruce Nelson, who was absent.
• Discussed with City Manager Jim Ferree a notification received by Chevron-Texaco about the possible hazardous materials present at a refinery site operated in the city limits from 1926 to 1947. Ferree plans to investigate the matter and report back to the council with further updates. Councilors agreed the issue must be handled carefully. "This is definitely the kind of thing we need to have taken care of," Councilor Jennifer Riley said.
— Councilors Ray Beck, Gene Bilodeau and Byron Willems were absent from the meeting.