Craig briefs: BLM’s Northwest RAC to meet Aug. 20 |

Craig briefs: BLM’s Northwest RAC to meet Aug. 20

The Bureau of Land Management’s Northwest Colorado Resource Advisory Council will meet from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 20 at the Meeker Recreation Center, 101 Ute Road, in Meeker.

The meeting is open to the public, with public comment periods scheduled for 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Agenda topics include:

• Shed antler hunting discussion

• Junction Butte Management Plan

• McInnis Canyons Advisory Board

• Discussion of wild horse resolution

• Updates from local offices

The Northwest Colorado RAC is one of three advisory councils to BLM Colorado. RACs are composed of 15 citizens appointed by the Secretary of the Interior.

Individuals serving in each RAC represent a broad range of public land interests, including environmental, local government and commercial activity.

The Northwest RAC advises the Grand Junction, White River, Little Snake, Kremmling and Glenwood Springs BLM field offices.

For more information on Colorado RACs, go to and select Resources, then Resource Advisory Councils.

DOW: Leftover licenses available this month

The Colorado Division of Wildlife announced Friday that all leftover big game and turkey licenses will go on sale Aug. 11.

Leftover licenses are limited elk, deer, pronghorn, bear and turkey licenses that did not sell during the spring drawing/application process.

“There are a good variety of licenses this year,” said Henrietta Turner, DOW license administration manager. “We have over 9,000 deer, 3,000 pronghorn and over 42,000 elk licenses still available.”

Hunters may purchase leftover licenses on a first-come, first-served basis at statewide license agents, Division of Wildlife offices and by phone (1-800-244-5613).

Online purchases will be available at 8 a.m. Aug. 12 on the Division of Wildlife Web site.

Internet sales are postponed one day to eliminate competition with in-person sales.

In order to expedite the purchase process, license buyers should bring the following items when visiting license agents or DOW offices: A driver’s license or state identification card, hunter education card, customer identification number or conservation certificate number, and Social Security card.

Hunters purchasing private-land-only licenses must obtain permission from landowners before they can hunt on any private land.

Limited licenses are valid only in specific game management units and are available to resident and nonresident hunters.

A list of all available leftover licenses is available on the Division’s Web site at:

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

For tax deductible donations, click here.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User