Community meetings on Colowyo planned
July 28, 2015
Craig community leaders will host a meeting about Colowyo Coal Mine's environmental assessment from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Moffat County High School's auditorium, 900 Finley Lane.
Terry Carwile, former Craig mayor who is acting as a community organizer, said the meeting would be in a similar format to the June 3 meeting about the mine.
The assessment is available at the following locations:
• Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way, Natural Resources Department
• Moffat County Library, 570 Green St.
• Bureau of Land Management Little Snake Field Office, 455 Emerson St.
Recommended Stories For You
• Meeker County Courthouse, 555 Main St., Meeker
• BLM White River Field Office, 220 E. Market St., Meeker
The assessment will also be available online on OMSRE's website.
Future community meetings will be available from 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 4 at J.W. Snack's Bar & Grill, 210 E. Victory Way; Aug. 6 at Carelli's Pizzeria & Pasta, 465 Yampa Ave.; Aug. 10 at Hampton Inn and Suites, 377 Cedar Ct.; and Aug. 12 at Downtown Books, 543 Yampa Ave.