College board to discuss sale of Trapper Building, VP search, housing issue
January 20, 2019
CRAIG — Updates on the sale of the Trapper Building, the search for a new vice president of student affairs, and the issue of housing at Colorado Northwest Community College will all be on the agenda when the Moffat County Affiliated Junior College District Board meets at 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, at the CNCC Academic Services Building, Room 255, 2801 W. Ninth St.
Specific to the housing update, board members are expected to hear an update on the state system’s denial of the college’s initial housing proposal, as well as a status update on a proposal to purchase Valley Vista Inn — a hotel that sits to the southwest of The Memorial Regional Hospital — for use as student housing. During a December meeting, Board President Mike Anson said CNCC President Ron Granger was exploring the feasibility of converting the property into student housing.
Also on the college board’s agenda for Tuesday:
• A discussion about community education.
• Approval of meeting minutes and the treasurer’s report from the Dec. 17 meeting.
• President’s report from Granger.
Recommended Stories For You
• Vice-president of instruction report from Keith Peterson.
• Vice-president of business and administration report from James Caldwell.
• Foundation liaison report from Terry Carwile.
• City council liaison update.
• Other business, during which time the board will hear input from the public.