City, county master plan process moves forward
Moffat County and the City of Craig continue to move forward in preparation for the new Master Plan, which will update the original Master Plan adopted in 1982 by the county.
The new plan will include planning data based on the 2000 Census and will establish new planning policies and implementation strategies for the Craig community, rural Moffat County and the urban development area surrounding Craig.
It will also result in the creation of an intergovernmental agreement between Moffat County and Craig.
Moffat County residents are invited to attend a second set of public workshops regarding the project.
The workshops will be held:
- Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Dinosaur Town Hall.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. in the Craig City Council Chambers.
- Thursday, Dec. 12 at 7 p.m. in the Maybell Community Center.
The objective of the second set of public meetings, according to a press release put out by the Moffat County Planning Department, will be to discuss the preparation of a preferred plan direction.
The plan direction will be broken into five geographic plan areas.
Those areas include:
- Public land area, which encompasses approximately 60 percent of Moffat County.
- Rural character area, which are private land areas of unincorporated Moffat County where sustaining traditional land use activities and maintaining existing character and culture is desired.
- The Craig community area, defined by the incorporated boundary of the City of Craig.
- The urban development area, which are areas where services are available or may become available.
- The three mile plan area, which is a three mile radius extending around the incorporated boundary of the City of Craig.
Josh Nichols can be reached at 824-7031 or email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User