City Council expected to approve 2018 budget at Tuesday meeting; LMD, MCTA to hold workshop
The Craig City Council will hold a workshop to finalize budget discussions at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, at Craig City Hall, 300 West Fourth Street. The workshop will be followed at 6:30 p.m. by the council’s regular meeting, at which members are expected to approve the 2018 budget.
The council’s agenda also includes the following.
• Renewal of hotel and restaurant liquor license for Jose and Cassandra Nunez, dba Vallarta’s of Craig
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer licenses for Kum & Go Stores #901 (895 Yampa St.), #902 (1302 W. Victory Way.) and #903 (700 E. Victory Way.) No cause is shown for denial for any of these stores.
• Doug Wellman will discuss abandoned properties.
• The steering committee for Rural Philanthropy Days will give an event wrap-up.
• Second reading of Ordinance No. 1069 — amending refuse haulers requirements in section 8.04.180 of the Craig Municipal Code.
• Staff reports
• October 2017 water/wastewater reports.
• October 2017 financial report.
To view the full agenda, visit ci.craig.co.us/sites/default/files/citycouncil/packets/171128a/171128a.pdf.
The Local Marketing District will hold a workshop with the Moffat County Tourism Association from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, in the upstairs boardroom at Yampa Valley Bank. The workshop will be followed by a special meeting of the LMD board from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The LMD board agenda includes the following items.
• Approval of bills.
• Review of Flint Personnel contract.
• Committee Updates — CMEDP and LMD conversations.
• 2018 plan update.
• Parks and Recreation funding request.
After four years of hard work, members of Moffat County High School’s Class of 2019 are striving to keep going for greatness in the world, and the Bulldogs who took top honors during graduation aren’t just sitting on their laurels.