City Council expected to approve 2018 budget at Tuesday meeting; LMD, MCTA to hold workshop
The Craig City Council will hold a workshop to finalize budget discussions at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, at Craig City Hall, 300 West Fourth Street. The workshop will be followed at 6:30 p.m. by the council’s regular meeting, at which members are expected to approve the 2018 budget.
The council’s agenda also includes the following.
• Renewal of hotel and restaurant liquor license for Jose and Cassandra Nunez, dba Vallarta’s of Craig
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer licenses for Kum & Go Stores #901 (895 Yampa St.), #902 (1302 W. Victory Way.) and #903 (700 E. Victory Way.) No cause is shown for denial for any of these stores.
• Doug Wellman will discuss abandoned properties.
• The steering committee for Rural Philanthropy Days will give an event wrap-up.
• Second reading of Ordinance No. 1069 — amending refuse haulers requirements in section 8.04.180 of the Craig Municipal Code.
• Staff reports
• October 2017 water/wastewater reports.
• October 2017 financial report.
To view the full agenda, visit ci.craig.co.us/sites/default/files/citycouncil/packets/171128a/171128a.pdf.
The Local Marketing District will hold a workshop with the Moffat County Tourism Association from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 28, in the upstairs boardroom at Yampa Valley Bank. The workshop will be followed by a special meeting of the LMD board from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The LMD board agenda includes the following items.
• Approval of bills.
• Review of Flint Personnel contract.
• Committee Updates — CMEDP and LMD conversations.
• 2018 plan update.
• Parks and Recreation funding request.
thwest Colorado Health and the Humble Ranch Education and Therapy Center will host a free one-day camp for children and teens who have lost a parent.