Carpet cleaning van catches fire in Craig on Thursday afternoon | CraigDailyPress.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Carpet cleaning van catches fire in Craig on Thursday afternoon

Noelle Leavitt Riley
A carpet cleaning van caught fire at 530 Fifth Ave. West in Craig on Thursday afternoon.
Noelle Leavitt Riley

— A carpet cleaning van caught fire Thursday afternoon at 530 Fifth Ave. West in Craig, sending flames and thick black smoke into the air.

Jared Kitchen and his wife own the carpet cleaning company, and he thinks the high temperature outside was one of the reasons his $50,000 vehicle ignited.

“It caught fire because of the heat today,” he said. “The truck mount uses the fuel, and I guess it caught on fire from the fuel (and heat).”



Two Craig Fire/Rescue fire trucks arrived on the scene, and several firefighters rushed to extinguish the flames.

Kitchen had just finished cleaning a carpet at the Ellgen house.



“We feel terrible for him,” Marti Ellgen said.

Firefighters currently are investigating the incident.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.