Small change earns big thanks from Humane Society of Moffat County
July 11, 2017
Operation Roundup donated $2,000 to support the Humane Society of Moffat County. "We'd like to thank Operation Roundup, YVEA and all the people who donate for the support," said Pat Pearce, society president.
The volunteer group raises funds for programs that provide discounted spay/neuter, reduced adoption fees, transportation of adoptable animals to other shelters and educational programs to benefit pets and their owners.
Operation Roundup gives Yampa Valley Electric Association members the option to "roundup" their electric bill with the extra cents donated to a fund. An independent board administers the fund providing support to 501c3 organizations throughout the electric co-op's service territory.
Trending In: Business
- U.S. Highway 40 remains in limbo as Silver Creek Fire grows
- Crews battle 4 wildfires across Northwest Colorado, including fire near Wyoming border
- New fire sparks in Mount Zirkel Wilderness Area
- Smoke warning remains in place for Northwest Colorado
- Firefighters report progress against Boone Draw Fire in western Moffat County; blaze now exceeds 8,000 acres