Business Buzz: Economic development board to visit Severson Supply
July 31, 2018
The Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership Board of Directors will host its next business visit meeting from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15, at Severson Supply & Rental, 2453 W. First St.
The owners will offer a tour of the facility, as well as insights into the business' successes and challenges during its tenure in the community.
"The board invites the community to join us as we tour Severson Supply and learn from its experienced leadership," said CMEDP Executive Director Michelle Perry. "Come join us as we engage and network at this locally owned business."
The CMEDP board meets bi-monthly in a boardroom-style meeting and tours local businesses the alternate months. CMEDP board meetings are open to the public, and anyone interested is encouraged to attend the business visit.
Chamber board has openings for strategic thinkers, community leaders
Recommended Stories For You
The Craig Chamber of Commerce and Moffat County Visitor Center are seeking candidates interested in serving on the Chamber's board of directors.
Terms run for three years, from 2019 through 2021.
The board meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the second Thursday of each month. Board members are expected to regularly attend board meetings, sit on at least one Chamber sub-committee, participate in Chamber events and be a strong voice for Moffat County's business interests.
Characteristics sought in Chamber board members include the following.
• A solid track record of contributing to the success of programs, events, or projects.
• A demonstrated commitment to the organization, its mission, and goals.
• The ability to participate fully in Chamber activities, prepare for meetings, and serve constructively on committees.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• An ability to tackle difficult issues by letting facts and ethics overcome emotional or personal responses and the ability to make decisions that may not be popular with members, elected officials, or community members.
• Chamber leadership may require subordinating personal interests for the greater good of the Chamber and the community
Those interested are invited to call Executive Director Christina Oxley at 970-824-5689 or board president Amy Updike at 970-824-4840 for more information.
The deadline to express interest is Aug. 8.
Roger M. Reynolds LCSW & Associates re-opening office in Craig.
Reynolds and Associates provided private psychotherapy in Craig in the 1980s and 90s. The Craig office will be staffed by Natalie Willey, LPC-candidate.
Willey has a passion for helping people coping with trauma and veterans.
"It’s amazing to see the difference after just a few sessions. The changes that take place due to new neurological connections is life changing," she said.
All therapy sessions are supervised by Reynolds. Both have specialized training for attachment issues, trauma, child development, anxiety, and depression.
"I offer sessions after 5 p.m. and, occasionally, work weekends to allow as much flexibility as possible. We also have a sliding scale, as we feel money should never be a factor in getting help. I am offering free consultations to anyone who may be interested in counseling and to discuss my approach in their treatment," Willey said.
She added that each person is treated as a complete individual, including emotional, physical, intellectual, and spiritual life. Most insurance is accepted, and sessions are 60 minutes.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 970-879-5520.