Burnin’ BMW: Firefighters respond to small car fire in Craig | CraigDailyPress.com

Burnin’ BMW: Firefighters respond to small car fire in Craig

Craig Press staff report
Firefighter Jamie Cline sprays a BMW that caught fire earlier in the evening yesterday.
Doug Slaight/Courtesy

CRAIG — A BMW sedan caught fire in the parking lot of Wendy’s about 9:23 p.m. Wednesday.

“The owner was inside the restaurant and came back out, and it was smoking,” said Craig Fire/Rescue Battalion Chief Troy Hampton. The owner opened the hood and saw flames.

The owner and a Wendy’s employee used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames before Craig Fire/Rescue arrived. Fire/Rescue then verified there was no more heat and that the scene was safe.

The fire was likely caused by an electrical short, Hampton said.

The flames only damaged the front end of the car. The car’s interior remained unscathed. Craig Fire/Rescue, EMS and Craig Police Department responded to the scene.




News


See more