Baxter Black: Stupid questions
August 7, 2015
Who said, "There is no such thing as a stupid question?"
- Is that cow really angry with me for messing with her cute little calf, or is that just a defensive posture she assumes because it is expected of her?
- Did Dad rope that front foot on purpose?
- I had a pickup like that. Have you tried choking it?
- How come the first calf in the crowding alley is turned backwards?
- Did the mill make a mistake, or did you really recommend taking all the grain outta the finish ration?
- I've never seen a horse do a complete back flip. Did you teach him that?
- This Elko is quite a place. Which one of you guys is a cowboy poet?
- Why didn't you quit before you took that last drink?
- That dog in the gate. … is he yours?
- That's a great tattoo. Were you drunk?
- You don't see too many left-handed team ropers. You a heeler?
- Does the "NO TRESPASSING" sign mean I can't hunt on your place?
- Didn't you know that wire was hot?
- It worked on the scouring pigs, didn't it? See, I feel better already.
- Sure, I can run one of these. How do you start it?
- Nice dismount. You with the circus?
- Is the Forest Service upping your AUMs this year?
- Do you mean to tell me not one of you top hands can milk a cow?
- $50 on a pair of threes! Were you bluffing?
- Hello. … did I wake you?
- That's gonna need stitches! Does it hurt?
- How could you possibly have missed that last steer? We would've won $1,500!
- I didn't know you could put a book of cowboy poetry as a ranch expense?
- Did the packer buyer pay you more when you told him they weren't branded?
- Didn't you hear me yell "In!" on the black bally and "by," on the other three?
- Were you scared? Better go back to the house and change.