Appointments available in Craig for free income tax assistance
CRAIG — People who earn less than $54,000 per year and have simple tax returns can utilize free income tax assistance being offered by Moffat County United Way.
Assistance will be offered from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6, and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, in Room 202 at the Colorado Northwestern Community College Belltower Building, 50 College Drive.
Appointments must be made in advance, and most take 30 minutes or less.
Northwest Colorado Center for Independence is offering transportation for individuals who need it.
Clients must bring, if applicable:
• Proof of identification (photo ID).
• Social Security cards for the tax filer, his or her spouse, and dependents. And Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, of ITIN, assignment letter may be substituted if a Social Security number is not available.
• Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN.
• Birth dates for the filer, his or her spouse, and dependents being claimed.
• Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers.
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).
• Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received.
• A copy of the previous year’s federal and state returns, if available.
• Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit.
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
• Total paid for daycare providers and the daycare providers’ tax identifying numbers, such as Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number.
• Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements.
• Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.
For more information and to make an appointment, call Kristen Vigil, community impact coordinator for Moffat County United Way, at 970-326-6222.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User