118 autos roll into Craig for Young Life Car Show
The 12th annual Bear River Young Life Car Show and FundraiserBear River Young Life Car Show and Fundraiser took place Father’s Day weekend in downtown Craig with 118 total cars and motorcycles on display. took place Father’s Day weekend in downtown Craig with 118 total cars and motorcycles on display.
Bear River Young Life Car Show and Fundraiser took place Father’s Day weekend in downtown Craig with 118 total cars and motorcycles on display.
Young Life organizers are still tabulating the amount of money raised through attendees’ votes for their favorite autos and the car wash by group members, though funds will go toward the organization’s work providing area teens the chance to attend youth camps.
The selection for Best of Show was a 1961 Volkswagen Beetle with a custom front engine belonging to Gary and Kathee Thompson. Winner of Young Life Choice, which will be featured on next year’s merchandise, is a 1937 Ford pickup owned by Doug Schneider.
2016 Bear River Young Life Car Show and Fundraiser winners:
• Best of Show: 1961 Volkswagen Beetle, Gary and Kathee Thompson
• Young Life Choice: 1937 Ford pickup, Doug Schneider
• Owner’s Choice: 1959 Chevy Corvette, Gary Simper
• Mayor’s Choice: 1967 Pontiac GTO, Burrell and Sherry Welton
• Sheriff’s Choice: 1959 Chevy Corvette, Gary Simper
• People’s Choice: 1903 Olvera Horseless Carriage, Ron and Jeannie Higgins
• Best Original: 2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray, Dave and Susan Effler
• Best Truck: 1955 IHC R-160, Alex West
• Best Off-Road Vehicle: 1968 Ford Bronco, Dale Clark
• Best Motorcycle: 2002 Harley-Davidson, Doug Schneider
• Best Classic Car: 1959 Chevy Corvette, Gary Simper
• Best Modern Car: 2016 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350, Glenn Sexton
• Best Rat Rod: 1937 Pontiac Business Coupe, Scott Evans
• Best Hot Rod: 1937 Plymouth Two-Door Coupe, Gene and Ronette McDowell
• Best Import: 1961 Austin Healey, Les and Bonnie Hampton
• Best Entry Under Construction: 1934 Chevy pickup, Gregg Kolbaba
• Best Muscle Car: 1966 Oldsmobile 442, Jim Ayers
• Farthest Traveled: 1967 Ford Mustang, Jim Green, of Whitesboro, Texas
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Craig and Moffat County make the Craig Press’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User