Weight Loss Challenge - Day 3
So I am in Day 3 of the diet and already having a hard time. I ate a box of Nerds after dinner last night and today for lunch I splurged on a Carelli's chicken caesar salad. I wonder how many calories that has in it...
So to help keep me (and you!) on track, I asked Arin Daigneau, nutritionist for The Memorial Hospital, to provide some tips on dieting healthfully. Here is what she distributes from the American Diabetic Association:
• Eat at least three times per day.
• Pay attention to your body. When you feel like you have had enough to eat, stop. Quit before you feel full, stuffed, or sick from eating. You can have more if you are really hungry.
• If you still feel hungry or unsatisfied after a meal or snack, wait at least 10 minutes before you have more food. Often, the craving will go away.
• Drink plenty of calorie-free drinks (water, tea, coffee, diet soda). You may be thirsty, not hungry.
• Pick lean meats, low-fat or nonfat cheese, and skim (nonfat) or 1% fat milk instead of higher-fat/higher-calorie choices.
• Get plenty of fiber. Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains are good sources. Have a high-fiber cereal every day.
• Cut back on sugar. For example, drink less fruit juice and regular soda.
• Limit the amount of alcohol (beer, wine, and liquor) that you drink.
• Keep all food in the kitchen. Eat only in a chosen place, such as at the table. Don’t eat in the car or the bedroom or in front of the TV.
What are your weight loss struggles? Send me your questions to email@example.com or post them here. I will get the answers and share them with everyone. Happy dieting!