- Flood Warning for Bourbon County, Kansas
- Flood Warning issued May 25 at 9:46AM CDT until May 26 at 1:12PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, May 25, 2015 at 8:46 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 12:12 p.m.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County
Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Osage River near Schell City affecting Bates and Vernon Counties
.Heavy rainfall over the holiday weekend has caused river levels to
rise above flood stage. Anyone camping along these rivers should pay
close attention to river levels and seek higher ground if flooding
...For the Little Osage River at Fulton...
* At 9:31 AM Monday The stage was 24.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 25.0 feet...Moderate flooding begins at the gage site.
Farmland at the gage site becomes covered by flood waters, and
Highway 31, east of town becomes flooded. Highway 31, four miles
west of Fulton has flood waters reach four to six feet in depth.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Tue Wed Thu
Little Osage River Basin
Fulton 22 24.3 Mon 10 AM 7.8 6.3 5.5