Jump to content
It would be a shame to lose either the Barn or the Depot. Both are interesting structures, with ties to the history of Craig and Northwest Colorado.
Source of funding for these mandates?
"Ager had considered renting or buying property in Craig, but found “all the buildings that I looked at where old and not set-up for what I needed and they wanted a lot of money for them. Rent is out of control,” Ager said."
Apparently, the owners of these properties aren't interested in encouraging new business to come to Craig.................
I wonder how many of those property owners are willing to help the motor grader operator chain up?
Perhaps the commissioners could donate their raises to fund important programs such as this?
Is anyone collecting clothing, toiletries, etc.? Would the paper provide info on any relief efforts, please?
1) Contact Colorado Preservation League – they may have some suggestions or be able to provide some guidance to your process.
2) Apply to the State Historical Fund (through the Colorado Historical Society – the funds are derived from gambling dollars) for funding for a historical structure assessment (no match required) which will provide information on what needs to happen to preserve the building.
3) Nominate the building to a historical register – this makes it eligible for State Historical Fund grant funding for renovation/repair
4) Apply for a State Historical Fund grant for renovation/repair – project would be 70-75% grant to 25-30% matching.
5) You could also apply to the Department of Local Affairs Energy Impact Fund for dollars to repair as a community meeting center. This is not as good of an option as the county likely has other projects that are a higher priority for the energy impact fund.
Does anyone monitor the fb page?
Some information on how to contact the committee/group working on saving the barn would be appreciated. Such information was not found in the most recent article, nor was there any response to an email to the reporter who wrote the story, requesting that information. There are some options available in the form of possible grants, historic designations, etc. Would be happy to try to pass this info on to the committee, if contact info. were available...........
Contact information for the "Save the Barn Committee?'
Last login: Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Contents of this site are © Copyright 2017 Craig Daily Press. All rights reserved.