John Vandelinder joined the Craig Daily Press in August 2007. He graduated from Palm Beach Community College with communications degree, and has won several awards as a baseball play-by-play broadcaster. Now, he's trying his hand in the print form of journalism, a field he says he "loves way better" than radio. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, as well as reading and watching crime novels and shows. And sports, of course.
- Craig Cougars girls hockey team hosts Grand Junction in season finale
- March 28, 2009
To those who believe hockey is a man’s sport, Glenda Bellio begs to differ.
- MCHS wrestling team bids farewell to seniors, sets eyes on next season
- March 27, 2009
Moffat County wrestling coach Roman Gutierrez stood at the head of the high school’s common area with a somber look on his face and a serious tone to his voice.
- Bad Dogs leave mark at nationals
- Caddy, Pontine lead 7 placers in Denver tournament
- March 26, 2009
The Bad Dogs youth wrestling team made the most of its final appearance in a national event last weekend, placing seven grapplers in the top four in the Rocky Mountain Nationals youth wrestling tournament in Denver.
- Girls soccer blanked in Palisade
- MCHS can’t catch a break, falls 5-0
- March 25, 2009
The Moffat County girls soccer team, winless through its first three games of the 2009 schedule, looked to end the early season skid Tuesday in Palisade.
- MCHS swim team places 6th in Montrose
- March 24, 2009
- It’s still early. The Moffat County High School boys swimming team didn’t qualify any swimmers for the state championships in its first competitive meet of the 2009 season Friday and Saturday in Montrose.
- MCHS baseball team in unfamiliar territory
- Bulldogs blanked on season-opening road trip
- March 23, 2009
- Tim Hafey’s nightmare beginning to the 2009 baseball has gotten worse. Back-to-back 4-3 and 27-6 losses in Montrose on Saturday were followed up with a 17-0 shelling Sunday in Olathe.
- MCHS baseball falls, 4-3, 27-6, in season-opener
- March 21, 2009
It’s not exactly how Tim Hafey pictured the start of the season to play out. The skipper for the Moffat County High School baseball team said he was “disappointed” with Friday’s season-opening performance in Montrose.
- MCHS baseball team opens season today in Montrose
- March 20, 2009
Moffat County High School baseball coach Tim Hafey stood behind the batting cage on the Craig Middle School baseball diamond.
- Bad Dogs headed to nationals
- March 20, 2009
Fresh off an impressive performance March 6 and 7 in Grand Junction, the Bad Dogs youth wrestling team is once again getting ready to take the show on the road.
- NCAA basketball tournament begins today
- March 19, 2009
The NCAA basketball tournament is called March Madness for a reason.