- Craig local turns part time job into career
- October 27, 2012
- Four days after getting her license, Emily Willems backed into a car. To pay for it, she took what she thought would be a part time job at the McDonald’s in Craig. As soon as she paid off the damages, she backed into another truck. Six years later, Willems is the general manager and loving her career at McDonald’s. “I would be bored if I were working a desk job,” Willems said. It’s becoming a more rare occurrence for young people to work their way up within a company without having incurred student loans and debt along their path to success. But Willems has done just that.
- Moffat County Commissioner, Mathers encouraged to consider Senate seat
- Commissioner declines, says he will keep eye on applicants
- December 31, 2010
- Shortly after State Sen. Al White announced he would resign from his seat in the legislature, a Moffat County Commissioner’s cell phone started to ring. That cell phone belonged to commissioner Tom Mathers and on the other end were several former state senators encouraging the 61-year-old Craig native to throw his hat in the ring for White’s position, he said. White, a Hayden Republican, will be named director of the Colorado Tourism Office on January 11. The Eighth State Senate District Central Committee vacancy committee will soon start looking to replace him. The committee will meet at 2 p.m. Monday to discuss appointing a person to serve the remaining two years of White’s term. The committee will review letters of interest and interview candidates for the position Monday, several of whom have already stepped forward.
- Michelle Balleck: Weekend goes to the dogs
- September 8, 2010
- It’s another slow weekend in Craig, but it might be a welcome respite. The skies are forecasted to clear up for the weekend, so you can get outside for work or play. And watch out for next weekend — it’s shaping up to be a busy one.
- Rollover on Moffat County Road 22 kills one
- April 13, 2010
- Gary Higgins, 23, of Craig, was killed at 8:30 p.m. Monday when a car he was riding in rolled over and he was ejected from the vehicle, according to a news release from Colorado State Patrol.
- FINAL: MCHS boys outlast Eagle Valley, 65-64
- 10:05 p.m., January 8, 2010 Updated 10:05 p.m.
- The Bulldogs are now 1-0 in Western Slope League play.
- 20 mine rescue teams gather in Craig
- 12:00 a.m., August 6, 2009 Updated 12:00 a.m.
To prepare for the worst, each underground coal mine has two mine rescue teams, and 20 of those teams gathered in Craig this week to participate in a competition.
- Redevelopment planned for Country Mall site
- Developer aiming to rebuild shopping center burned by arson in November 2007
- June 17, 2009
Plans for an empty lot at 365 Ranney St., the site of the former Country Mall, call for the development of Behrman Plaza, a proposed 16,792-square-foot building that would include eight spaces for offices or retail businesses.
- Steamboat Springs girls soccer team cruises past Moffat County, 7-0
- March 31, 2009
The wind cutting across the surface of Gardner Field on Monday afternoon was frigid, but not even the cold seemed to slow Steamboat Springs High School’s red-hot offense.
- Bulldogs exorcise Demons
- October 22, 2000
- Though the Bulldogs stumbled a little in the early offense, it was clear they wanted to open things up against the Glenwood backfield.
- Steamboat cruises in two
- October 19, 2000