- Christina Currie: An element of faith
- July 10, 2009
I was pretty excited when the movie “The Velveteen Rabbit” arrived.
- Christina Currie: Time to hide the remote
- May 22, 2009
I don’t know if it’s the news reports or the fact that my girls listen to adult conversations a little more closely than they should, but for being 7 and 8 years old, questions about finances come up a lot more often than I really expected at this point.
- Christina Currie: Getting motivated
- April 24, 2009
I attended a high school assembly not too long ago and was shocked by the amount of side conversation, obvious indifference and general lack of respect that I saw.
- Christina M. Currie: Road trip
- April 3, 2009
- I have no idea whose idea it was to pile two kids into the car, drive 16 hours - through the night - to spend half of spring break in Oklahoma. Yes, Oklahoma. But, I’m thinking that person should have thought it through just a little better. OK, it was me.
- Christina Currie: Love is in the air
- February 13, 2009
Eight-year-old Katie and 7-year-old sister, Nikki, were fighting in the bathtub. It was one of those “he said, she said” type of arguments that are hard to get to the bottom of because everyone denies culpability.
- Christina M. Currie: Peewee politics
- November 7, 2008
Nine-year-old cousin Isiac is moving to Canada. Or maybe Mexico.
- Christina Currie: Sugar and spice, that’s my girl
- October 24, 2008
They say that girls are sugar and spice and everything nice. Boys, on the other hand, are snips and snails and puppy dog’s tails.
- Christina M. Currie: I think it’s called displacement
- August 8, 2008
Puppy preschool ended with our little one lying comfortably under my chair, not barking at other dogs or pulling to get free.
- Christina M. Currie: An addition to the family
- June 20, 2008
I’m not sure what the motivation was - to give my children something to do or to get a semi-unruly dog trained - but when a friend suggested that one of my girls participate in some agility training using her dog, I had to think about it for a few days.
- Christina M. Currie: It’s a trip
- April 25, 2008
As I rush to close off as many loose ends as possible before my two girls and I leave for a week-long vacation, people keep asking “are you excited?”