- Bill Harding: Thank you for successful Memorial Day
- May 28, 2009
- Members of the VFW Post 4265, American Legion Post 62 and the Sons of the Legion wish to thank all those who assisted with the gravesite flag placement and retrieval this weekend.
- Veterans Hotline: Hometown Heroes picnic Saturday at City Park
- May 15, 2009
The Hometown Heroes picnic begins at 11 a.m. Saturday at City Park. Setup will start around 8:30 a.m. with tent covers, tables and the podium area.
- Bill Harding: Current legislation may affect veterans
- April 9, 2009
- I wish to thank all those who stopped at the American Legion booth at the Expo in Craig and purchased raffle tickets, and especially thank those who donated to the Honor Flight program sending local World War II vets from the Grand Junction airport back to Washington D.C. this spring.
- Veterans Hotline: County hires new Veterans Service Officer
- April 2, 2009
- Moffat County has hired Ed Wilkinson as the new Veterans Service Officer in Craig. Ed will replace me the first of June.
- Veterans Hotline: American Legion raffle Saturday
- March 26, 2009
The American Legion raffle for the AR-15 ends Saturday at the bingo session at the Elk’s club.
- Bill Harding: VFW District 9 meeting is May 9 in Craig
- March 16, 2009
Disregard the April 4 meeting date listed in the March 5 “Colorado Veteran.” It was published incorrectly. The meeting date will be May 9 in Craig at VFW Post 4265, and new district officers will be elected.
- Bill Harding: Camp Lejeune conducts water study
- February 27, 2009
The following article was send to me, and it didn’t get a banner in last week’s article. I am repeating it, so it gets to those it may affect.
- Bill Harding: VA announces maximum in-state tuition, fees
- February 20, 2009
- The VA has listed the maximum in-state tuition and fees payable for each of the 50 states and U.S. territories for the post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Veterans Hotline: Duckworth tapped for VA assistant secretary
- February 12, 2009
President Barack Obama has announced his intention to nominate L. Tammy Duckworth, director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs, to be the assistant secretary of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Bill Harding: February is full of historic US dates
- February 5, 2009
- Here are important historical veteran and national dates to remember: