Do you worry that new gun laws passed in Colorado will adversely effect the state’s hunting industry?

Yes. The laws make it less friendly to hunt in Colorado. 273 votes

73.39%

No. The laws won’t keep people from hunting. 85 votes

22.85%

I’ll have to see how the new laws will be enforced before deciding. 14 votes

3.76%

372 total votes

Comments

Allen Hischke 1 year, 12 months ago

The new laws are ridiculous, they will have no impact at all on gun crime or gun violence. The only way to stop gun crime and gun violence is to pass a law that states. If you use any gun, be it a BB gun or a machine gun, to commit any crime, if you steal a stick of gum or murder someone, then upon conviction you will recieve a mandatory death sentence, to be carried out within a week of conviction. When that law is passed nationwide, then gun crime and gun violence will begin to deline. Nothing else will have any effect on it.

dennis collins 1 year, 12 months ago

i have been watching all this since hickenlooper (is that a real name?) bum rushed this legislation through. first of all who is he to do this without the vote of the people ? thank God for a sheriff like tim who has the guts to tell this obama worshiping moron no ! how fortunate you are to live in moffat county, now get in there and back him up. these laws are just plain stupid, 30 round magazines ? o.k. so 2 15 rounders takes 2 seconds more time, what an idiot ! should we own assault weapons? do we need them ? absolutely not ! but in my garage sits a 2012 corvette that will run right at 200mph. do i need a car that will do 200 mph ? nope ! but damn, its fun to own. so's my AR-15. what part of the 2cd ammendment don't you democrats understand ?

kudos to my old friend tim jantz. wish moffat county would have used their heads and done away with term limits. how about police chief ?

Allen Hischke 1 year, 12 months ago

Perhaps if more voters had emailed or called him to voice their opposition to these laws before they were passed like I did, they might not be on the books today. Those that chose not to contact their elected officials have only themselves to blame.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 12 months ago

What evidence would suggest this is even worthy of a poll question? Gun nuts are exactly that - nuts.

Allen Hischke 1 year, 12 months ago

Buff_bronc_fan has proven once again that he/she/it possesses absolutely no brains of any kind.
Anyone that would make the kind of statement that he/she/it has made is completely devoid of any sense, horse, common or otherwise.

cag81625 1 year, 12 months ago

Cma, what does any of that have to do with hunting? You already can't sport more than six rounds to hunt and no hunters I know have ever taken issue with that. If you want to give in to political hyperbole and scare money away from your community over an issue that takes nothing from sportsmen, have at it. Just be honest about your motives in that you'd rather see economic harm borne of sour grapes than something that causes any real harm to you. Personally, I think Colorado's liquor laws are stupid and antiquated, yet I'd never tell someone to stay away from the state because of them. And, before you wax philosophical about this lack of governance by referendum, it was your fellow man who made weed legal. In other words, be careful what you wish for.

cory5611 1 year, 12 months ago

Buff fan I trust my guns before I trust my own police department and government to protect me I have to kids and a wife and trust me when someone true and hurts them I will make sure the dirtbag will not hurt them. And if you thank people that own guns are nuts move to a place that don't allow people to have them and then see just how long you live there or go with out being robed or just how bad the police are there in alot of them places the law are just as bad as criminals

dennis collins 1 year, 12 months ago

cag

the reason hunters are boycotting moffat county are the stupid laws passed my hickenlooper (is that a real name) hunters are banning together to protest stupid politicians like king obama, and all their new laws that deny constitutional rights. just keep it up and before long you will be living in that socialist state you all think is so great. personally i hate to see moffat county suffer, but it is the fault of the clown you elected governor, and now he wants to be president too. not the fault of good law abiding gun owners. yes the question was hunting and the local economy. and never, ever accuse my fellow man of legalizing pot, my fellow man wouldn't smoke that crap is it was good for you, and no one i know voted for it anyway. so ramble on with your ten cent words, no one is listening to you.

Jason Phillips 1 year, 12 months ago

You are proving my point, Cory. I have nothing against guns in general. I support the 2nd amendment. But the moment anyone talks about the slightest bit of gun control legislation people start freaking out.

There is no reason to believe the hunting industry will be adversely affected. It's just some alarmist gun nut propaganda.

colo4life 1 year, 11 months ago

@buff_bronc_fan-Hunters have already stated that they will boycott Colorado as a matter of principal. If a business takes a stance on a political issue, people boycott. Colorado passes unconstitutional gun laws, people will boycott. Peacefull protest. There are gun nuts, but have you ever thought of gun nuts as patriotic. Why not defend the constitution and speak out against those who trample on it and think that they know better than we the people. I support our sherriff.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Allen Hischke 1 year, 11 months ago

With the events in Boston today, it just proves what many of us have said all along. The new gun laws will not prevent violent crimes. When this country gets enough guts to start executing the people that do these types of things then they will begin to slow down. Nothing else will make any change