Should Craig City Council approve retail gaming and liquor licenses for Tarango’s Nightclub, 535 Green St., even though owner Victor Tarango provided inaccurate information on his initial applications and a group of citizens is petitioning against it?

Yes 151 votes

34.01%

No 275 votes

61.94%

Undecided 18 votes

4.05%

444 total votes

Comments

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

All liquor licenses are subject to being pulled if things dont go right at the club, so what is it gonna hurt to give him a chance to fill a need in the community. I also dont know one person that has not told a lie at some point in their lives or didn't think it through enough before answering a question on a form, we do not know why he answered the questions the way he did and we may never know the reasoning behind the way he did answer them. But let those without sin cast the first stone. Give the man a break and let him try to fill a need in the community and support his family. He is only trying to do what we all do, make a living....

btyjo77 2 years, 4 months ago

WoW ranger520, perhaps you should go back to where you came from?? How about having some compassion and giving the man a chance? I am sure you have never told a lie or answered a question incorrectly.... however, not all people share that same God like quality that you seem to think you hold!

I hope the community allowes this man a chance!

myopinion1 2 years, 4 months ago

I was at the 1st hearing and I don't believe the miss answerd questions were done so on purpose. He has to have most of the questions interpreted for him. I believed they may have been miss interpreted by his helper. And before any one complains about the language bearier, this is a spanish club. He use live here but lost his home trying to get this thing started, don't punish him for trying to achieve the American dream.

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

And ranger520 you must be an employee of tri-state.
Why are you such an angry little man? I hope for your sake you never need anyone to back you up on anything because of your negative attitude about everything karma is gonna sneak up and bite you on the butt when you least expect it.....

colorado_22 2 years, 4 months ago

It makes me sick how Craig shuns business development and economic growth. We are always scared about this place becoming a ghost town, yet the few new businesses that actually try and establish themselves are pushed away or run scared from the miserable nay-sayers that live here. I dont get it. I completely understand the folks that say that they don't trust this business person after he lied on his initial application. Okay, yes that makes perfect sense and if that really is such a huge issue I understand why you would not be in support. It seems as if, for whatever reason, the residents in this "community" look at new business as outsiders and want to keep everything exactly the way it is. The nice thing is, the members of the Good Ole Boy club in Craig are aging, aging quickly. The fresh blooded youngsters can't wait to take hold of OUR town and make it the exciting gem it always has been. We all know the reasons we live in Craig. Some have a dynamite job, some enjoy the simplicity of the town, some cherish the beauty. It really is too bad that all of you middle-aged and older people act like a vengeful pack of wolves, constantly showing their teeth while foam spews out of your pursed lips. You all need to chill out and welcome people that see the beauty of Craig. Bottom line: this man and his business will have to pay local taxes, it will create at least a couple of jobs, and they will bring revenue in from neighboring counties whose residents will come up to utilize the nightclub. With all of the commotion this guy has created for himself, you KNOW he will be watched like a hawk. Let him bring our county some revenue and some job creation and leave it alone.

p.s. I do not plan on going to the nightclub, but I am an avid supporter of local economic development. It's too bad very few others in this community support this cause for a greater community. Boo :(

Colette Erickson 2 years, 4 months ago

Perhaps for the "second round" he should get a good bi-lingual attorney.

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

ANGRY!!!!!!! Not opiniated maybe you need to dig a little deeper and be honest why your so angry, reading between the lines others can see the real truth behind your posts.

craignative 2 years, 4 months ago

He may well have needed an interpreter for the application and hearing. I would surmise to think if I didn't speak or write English very well that I would find someone who does to help me complete an accurate application with accurate information so there is no question.

Sam Relaford 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm not sure this town needs another alcohol eatablishment, but it sure needs the bussiness. I had heard a rumor, and we all know rumors are always correct, that this club was going to be for the hispanics to hang out. Why does it have to be just for them? I hope that if he does get the permit he doesnt allow it to become a big clique hang out. He may have needed an interpreter I dont know. I never met him. But i think he should re-apply with the application filled out correctly. Then he will get a fair shake like any other person who applies.

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

OHHHHH Ranger520 I READ YOU LOAD AND CLEAR!!!!! I misspelled opinionated because I was laughing so hard at your last comment.....

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

What would be truley ignorant is continuing a battle of the wits with an unarmed person. And because I have more to do than keeping up the banter with you since I dont even know you but I must say it has been fun keeping you on the defense for once I consider this conversation closed so you will have to find someone else to insult or better yet maybe you can get some of your work at Tri-State done before the boss catches you on the computer again. LOL

mhampton64 2 years, 4 months ago

Nothing against anybody wanting to open a new business here, I just think Craig has enough places to buy alcohol from already! Why not a recreational center or dance hall for families to have a place to go for fun, without the alcohol, let's keep our young people out of trouble rather than promote trouble!

Becky Plummer 2 years, 4 months ago

See you misunderstood again, go back to work honey you will be ok.