Do you have a problem with all three Moffat County Commissioners gathering for lunch with a commissioner-elect without giving public notice?

Correct: Yes, it makes me suspicious under any circumstance. 214 votes

35.79%

Correct: Yes, but only if I knew for a fact they were discussing county matters. 27 votes

4.52%

Correct: No, I trust our local elected officials and don’t have a problem with this at all. 105 votes

17.56%

Correct: No, but only if I'm certain they're not discussing county matters. 30 votes

5.02%

Correct: Who cares? 222 votes

37.12%

598 total votes

Comments

oldman1 2 years ago

There are rules in place for a reason. So when they all basically have a secret meeting under those conditions it creates an illusion of inapropriate behavior. Even if there wasnt. So my question is why? I mean, I use to be involve in politics, and when people wanted to meet with me like that it usually meant they wanted me to do something covert or they wanted something from me they didn't want anyone to know about. At any rate I really thing that this should be brought up in the councel meeting.I am curious what is going on.

T066J 2 years ago

Yes, that IS suspicious - - four people having lunch at EXACTLY the same time (and they didn't even bother to tell anyone beforehand - tisk! tisk!).

David Moore 2 years ago

Can't even take a fellow collegue out for lunch on her birthday, truly sad some view it as a big conspiracy.
Welcome to NitPick Colorado, better mind yourself or you will end up on the front page.

Joanna Hatten 2 years ago

If they were truly trying to conduct a secret meeting do you honestly think they would do it someplace as public as JW Snacks? Honestly!! They took a friend/colleague to lunch! I would think we as a community would have better things to worry about then sandwich sharing at a PUBLIC restaurant.

GreyStone 2 years ago

As long as they kept their cloths and the lights on, who cares.

Tammy Showalter 2 years ago

getagrip said it. those who are so suspicious of everyone elses motives are that way because they know what they themselves would be doing. Craig Daily Press sure likes to point fingers on a personal basis, not exactly unbiased media imo

oldman1 2 years ago

Ok here it is. If someone is running for public election they must be above reproach. That means they must present themselves someone who cannot be influenced by others. They should have good character and the courage to stand for what they believe in. The rules are in place to keep other officers already in office from trying to "influence" their own beliefs onto the person elect. So maybe it was a birthday dinner or a night of drinking and football. But when that person decided to run they also agreed to certail certain things until the election is over. Thats all! I do hope they are friends, great friends, then maybe we can finally get things done without all the in-fighting that always bungles up our political process.

Taxpayer1 2 years ago

Hard for people to attend an open house between 9 - 11am, when the majority of the community is working -- to bad they didn't do it during the evening so more could attend. Or perhaps they planned it that way so they don't have to answer to their community's questions and concerns. Oh well, just another day in Moffat County ----

oldman1 2 years ago

oh yea! I saw the notice at the courthouse today as well. Funny i didnt even know about before then. HMMM. I think its a good idea to have the open house events at a time when people can actually come.

native_craig_guy 2 years ago

This is BS... Bryce Jacobson and his jerk friends who consider themselves the so called "Craig Elite" are just pissed off that Dave Derose did not get elected. If the paper has nothing else to report on, then they should simply opt to report nothing at all.

alcashion 2 years ago

Hey, Just a word of encouragment ....... I used my name as my user name. I appreciate others asking, questioning or challenging my opinions. It helps me grow as a human being and keeps my words a litttle more toward the constructive. I dont understand why so many wish to remain anonymous.