How did you or how do you plan to vote on Proposition 103, which proposes to increase public school funding through increased income and sales taxes?

Yes 117 votes

30.47%

No 241 votes

62.76%

Undecided 12 votes

3.13%

I'm not voting 14 votes

3.65%

384 total votes

Comments

wellwell 2 years, 6 months ago

sljsmom, At the time that I wrote my comment the yes/no was even at 34% each.

odeekoetee 2 years, 6 months ago

The people with kids should pay for the schools...I did not have kids and feel like I should not have to pay for their education.

kathleenpost 2 years, 6 months ago

No offense,okeedokie(nice name by the way) since you can read and write its obvious that you are educated and in a school in America?Chances are that your education was provided partly by tax money from individuals that didn't have children at the time,how about returning the favor now?Our state has come up this plan in a bad economy and it will not hurt me too much to pay it.It is temporary .I support it.

jalana 2 years, 5 months ago

I will never be for raising taxes...EVER.Throwing more money at a broken system does nothing except give the people who broke the system more power.How about making a budget you can afford and living within the parameters.I have to and so should the schools,the county,the state and the federal government.

The public school system is broken.That is why my children are attending a private school.If it weren't for the private school they would be home schooled.My children do not benefit whatsoever from the public school system and I should not have to pay more for others.

bradstephens1 2 years, 5 months ago

I can't possibly vote to increase taxes on a system that refuses to cut spending in the appropriate places. Then give a Superintendent a raise, who by the way should have refused the offer.

cag81625 2 years, 5 months ago

Sounds like ol' ODKOT ought to move on down to Sun City. No school taxes. No kids, either. Curmudgeon paradise.

Brian Kotowski 2 years, 5 months ago

Prop 103 went down in flames - it wasn't even close. Excellent news; suggesting that more people are waking up to the reality that the financial well isn't bottomless, and that the "it's for the children" meme is losing its sway.