Do you think convenience stores should be permitted to sell full-strength beer, as proposed by Colorado House Bill 10-1186?

Yes 125 votes

41.95%

No 167 votes

56.04%

Undecided 6 votes

2.01%

298 total votes

Comments

Dynamo 4 years, 5 months ago

Beer is beer, what difference does it make?

boxer21 4 years, 5 months ago

It's allowing these large corporations to take over our local businesses by being able to cut costs. I agree with Dynamo that beer is beer and the fact this will not change the taste, and will also make convenient stores a little more convenient for some, but it will directly affect local stores in Craig. Why would we want anything that takes away from our community and gives to "Corporate America" instead?

David Moore 4 years, 5 months ago

I think this argument is kind of like when Wal-Mart moved into town. Any "mom and pops" close down because of them? Unless the convenience stores are going to greatly expand their line of product beyond cheap swill, I doubt there will be much worry. Convenience store prices for anything are jacked up pretty high, where this concern comes from baffles me.

hummers 4 years, 5 months ago

Liquor stores don't have other lines of products to sustain them if the convience stores expand their liquor lines. The Convience store do have other lines of products ot sustain them if they don't expand their liquor lines. I think it would only be a first step and would eventually hurt the liquor stores in Craig. Support your local businesses not big corporate stores

David Moore 4 years, 5 months ago

Doesn't matter anyway, the bill has been defeated.

bobniewoehner 4 years, 5 months ago

I would be willing to bet that most of the "NO" votes are from your local's who own a liquor store, or who's mom, dad, brother or friends or the family work in the business and want no compentation. I would be willing to bet 50% of the people who buy a 6 pack in a Convience Store don't even know it's 3.2 beer. They still buy it. No worse than buying a 'can' of beer from a 'drive thru' window...think they are going to 'drink and drive'?...no joke. I vote YES, say what you want, it's still America! You don't have to buy it do you? It should be up to me, not the Government, Local, State, or Federal to tell me what I can buy where. Free market please.