Do you consider the number of deer within Craig city limits to be a problem?

Yes 117 votes

32.23%

No 239 votes

65.84%

Undecided 7 votes

1.93%

363 total votes

Comments

oldgezzer 5 years, 3 months ago

theres more stray cats running around town than deer. perhaps the focus should be on that again.

melonie barrett 5 years, 3 months ago

i think the number of drug addicts within the city limits is more impotant

als362 5 years, 3 months ago

If some people, like my nieghbors, would stop feeding the deer, perhaps they might look for food somewhere else.

Marvin 5 years, 3 months ago

they are never going to stop coming into town. They have yard after yard of trees, grass, & not to mention all the farms around here. I personally dont think they are a danger, or a problem. Its not like they are going to maul or attack us. All they ever do is look at you with those big eyes & munch on grass. I'd say we should thank those deer for helping us maintian our yards :). And think about it, they need to be well fed for hunting season!lol.

GreyStone 5 years, 3 months ago

Oldrezzer,

If there were more BIG cats running the streets of Craig, there might be fewer deer, dogs and little cats. The BIG cats might even take out a few drug addicts and drunks.

grannierose 5 years, 3 months ago

Maybe the Wildlife Division could feed the deer birth control pills, like they do in the big cities, to keep the pigeon population under control. Then we wouldn't have all those babies running around, and the adult deer chasing our dogs, trying to protect their young.

moosefreakVR 5 years, 3 months ago

The problem with the deer is they have become so used to human contact that they are willing to attack if caught in the right mood as I found out 2 days ago. Thank goodness I had a shovel in my hands. It tried to attack me, and got my dog while he was trying to protect me. I had to hit it with the shovel to get it off my dog and away from me. This is a serious issue!!

srelaford6 5 years, 3 months ago

While the Deer aren't usually aggressive, lets not forget that the rut is coming soon and the bucks won't hesitate to challenge a dog walking person if they are between him and his does. A Buck that feels cornered is definately a dangerous situation and should be given his space. The Does arent as much a concern but the hooves can still leave quite a cut if you get hit by them. The best bet is, remember they are wild and don't think they won't defend themselves if they think it is necessary, and don't try to hand feed them.