President-elect Barack Obama will be sworn into office Tuesday. Super Bowl XLIII is Feb. 1. If you could watch only one on television or online, which would it be?

Super Bowl XLIII 233 votes

64.19%

Presidential inauguration 82 votes

22.59%

Neither - I'm a fan of neither sports nor politics 48 votes

13.22%

363 total votes

Comments

grannyrett 5 years, 3 months ago

The inauguration will be shown over and over ad nauseum. The Super Bowl only happens once a year. Glad to see most of us have our priorities straight.

GlacierDragon 5 years, 3 months ago

In addition to what Grannyrett said, I haven't watched anyone's inauguration. I feel no need to watch this one. Because everyone is making such a big deal of it, I'm sure I'll eventually see it all on the news for the next 2 months anyway. (If not the next 8 years.)

greeneyedgurl 5 years, 3 months ago

Football is sooo much better anyhow! I hate watching people speak-when usually they are not even the ones that wrote the speech in the first place.

Globe 5 years, 3 months ago

Here is some Arizona Superbowl trivia ---- Remember when the state of Arizona first hosted a superbowl about 10 or so years ago. A few months prior to the Superbowl they had voted overwhelmingly as a state (about 65% if my memory serves me correctly) not to have Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day as a state holiday. The NAACP presured the NFL into taking away the Superbowl because of how the people voted in a free election. Soooo the state had an "emergency" election to reconsider MLK day, because the loss of a Superbowl would cost the state millions in lost revenue. The state narrowly approved a state recognized holiday commemorating MLKJ Day by a razor thin margin. So there you have it, history of how "legal" extortion works in our country and how racist people play the race card when it suits them. Just a little something to think about before you go to sleep at night. Ahh big deal.

Oh, and I would watch the Superbowl instead of the inaugeration.

IronSapper 5 years, 2 months ago

While I enjoy football, the Superbowl happens every year. An inauguration of this magnitude and historical significance has not happened until now in my lifetime and may not happen again before my days are over. And while some of you out there may not be a fan of politics, you will not escape its inevitable grasp. I ask you, how has the Superbowl affected your life? Has football affected your healthcare? Politics has. Has the Superbowl influenced your ability to get a mortgage? Politics has. How has the Supbowl affected the quality of your education, or the ability to get grants for your child's education? Guess what. Politcs has. And while I am sure there will be both good and bad to come out of this presidency, after watching this inauguration I am encouraged that the coming years will be filled with more benevolence and be more auspicious for us all.

Globe 5 years, 2 months ago

One of the great things about Obama becoming president is that all of your wildest dreams will come true. Most people aren't aware of what President Obama is capable of, but here are a few things everyone should know:

1. President Obama's (PO) sweat is a natural antioxidant and when mixed with the right combination of electrolytes can boost the natural immune system.
  2. PO secretly played IBM's Big Blue in a game of chess and check mated it in four moves
  3. Once Obama accidentally touched a steak with his hand and the cow was resurected.
  4. PO never learned to swim because every time he gets near a small body of water it parts and all he is left with is dry ground. Large bodies of water wont even allow him to penetrate the surface he just walks around on top of it.
  5. PO isn't a multi-millionaire because there is no charge for awesomeness or incredibleness or beauty;.
  6. No terrorist has attacked the US in the last seven years because they feared he would oneday become president and wipe them out.
  7. When he gets up in the morning he actually puts his pants on both legs at the same time.
  8. It is a scientific fact that MIT laboratories have found that PO's poop doesn't actually stink, rather it smells like hazelnut.
  9. Obama was born on the same day the first issue of spiderman was released (coincidence? I thinik not!)/
  10. If you get the chance to rub PO's tummy you get three wishes.