The Moffat County Commission and The Memorial Hospital have recently had discussions about the future use of the current hospital building on Russell Street. What do you think is the best use of the building once TMH has relocated to its new facility?

Substance abuse rehabilitation center 69 votes

1.65%

Remove the building and replace it with a park 42 votes

17.36%

Other 14 votes

5.79%

242 total votes

Comments

Craig_gal 5 years, 2 months ago

oh good, we want a re-hab right next to a clinic that sees young children, right next to a preschool, and within one block of a elementary school,and a middle school.

RayvenRayne 5 years, 2 months ago

No kidding! We need yet another re-hab center like we need another soccer field. C'mon people! Lets think about using the building to get our kids occupied after school and during the summer, then we might not need / want a re-hab center! Kudos to Craig_gal for pointing that out.

rainwings 5 years, 2 months ago

What our children need to see is that there are consequences for their actions, and that their is hope for people with addictions. We can't keep pushing our drug, alcohol and over-weight problem under the rug in Moffat County. We need a rehab that will help people learn skills to live a better life. Communites with rehabs are safer, have lower addiction rates and don't use the court system to solve their problems. We need a rehab. We need to find hope out this mess of Meth and underage drinking.

freeman 5 years, 2 months ago

WHAT REHAB CENTER IS THERE IN CRAIG THAT HAS BEEN WORTH A SH-T..WHAT YOU TWO BLOW HEADS ARE TALKING ABOUT IS ALREADY EVERYWERE,,,,

Craig_gal 5 years, 2 months ago

freeman?? what is everywhere?, please enlighten, what do you think "us two" are talking about it.? I thought my comments were self explanatory but obviously being called a "blow head" means something has been misconstrued by you. I would like to know your interpretation so I can put my comments in a very simplistic form.

GlacierDragon 5 years, 2 months ago

I honestly don't know what the best thing is to put there, but I think that would be a fantastic location for a park. Also, do we know if there are plans to put in some kind of rehab center in with the new hospital or near it? Seems like a rehab center would be better placed near a hospital in case one of the people there for rehab or being submitted for rehab has complications.

chidrenofgod 5 years, 2 months ago

anyone who doesn't see the more than serious need for a real rehab center in craig is either using or dealing! I would rather pay the cost for rehab of a freind out of my own pocket than watch them slowly die or throw their lives away @ the hands of the people in this city who are trying to get them hooked on drugs to promote their own best inerests. Those of you with children or loved ones in this town had better take a look around, you won't have to look far! Those of you who see no need obviously have something to hide or are involved in the drug trade!

chidrenofgod 5 years, 2 months ago

Also would like to add that I do know people I care about that are involved and I would gladly help them any way I could if they were to ask my help!

Craig_gal 5 years, 2 months ago

excuse me Chidren! So far there has only been one comment that says there is NO NEED for a rehab and I am pretty sure your making some very strong unsubstantiated comment regarding that person. Take your time and Re-read what the s-u-r-v-e-y is asking. I think if you look at it again you will see that CDP says "what do you think is the b-e-s-t use of the building once TMH has relocated? No matter how you turn the sentences around, how you manipulate the wording, nor how you leave words out does it EVER say do you think Craig needs re-hab. That answer would probably be overwhelming YES but, do we need it on Russell Street? my opinion is NO! do we need it next door to elementary schools? No! do we need it next to Preschools? NO! absolutely put rehab somewhere but do not put it next door to the kids (they get enough exposure), put it by the jail, the hospital, or your back yard but not at the current TMH site!
GOT IT?

Globe 5 years, 2 months ago

Sooooooo when a person is in rehab, who is going to pay for the rehab? My health insurance would tell me to get bent and wouldn't pay for that kind of thing. So if you put a bunch of people in a big old building taking care of junkies, who is going to pay the salaries and the light bill? We also need a 2.5 mile paved oval and grandstand seating for 100,000 people like they have in phoenix, but we probably won't get one because it wouldn't make enough money to pay for expenses. So with that in mind, who is going to pay for this stuff. Last I saw the VNA was loosing money and now they are going to buy the hospital? And now someone want to put a rehab place in there. What planet do you people live on? is the kind where money grows from trees and little elves poop silver coins? Can any one explain how we could pay for any of these projects?

50cal 5 years, 2 months ago

I have an idea, raise your own damn children and quit relying on society to do it for you. you popping kids out is not our responsibility to pay for

hunter 5 years, 2 months ago

Rehab center there is a stupid idea. It is not the right building or the right place. Do we need access to e arehab center? Sure, but not there with a preschool playground in the front yard and other school less than a block. In all honesty it would be nice to see the VNA expand services and size.

More miportant that full rehab center this town needs a Juvenile Detetion Center that in part handles rehab. Simply put we have too many youth that should be locked up and getting help just wondering our streets. When that happens they only get into more trouble and eventually get in too deep.

RayvenRayne 5 years, 2 months ago

ok "childrenofgod" put your emotions and your hypocrisy in your back pocket for a minute. I am no drug user nor pusher for that matter. I am a mother of three wonderful boys and I would picket that place if it were made a rehab center. I have seen what substance abuse can do to people first hand with my prior employment. My children should not have to be exposed to such filth at that age, nor should anyone elses'! I should have made my earlier statement a little more clear for those that can't think outside the box; I don't see the need for a rehab center because I believe that PREVENTION is the best treatment. I agree also that people should raise their own children to not be the future of our correctional department. oh and rain, should our children be exposed to what the consequences of driving drunk, or premarital sex or some of the other awful things our nasty little society has cooked up over the ages... at 3-5 years old?

MtnRider2 5 years, 2 months ago

Any thing but commercial means theres no taxable income and WE pay for everything. Its bad enough were being taxed for the new Hospital and Middle School, now people want to give up taxable real esate so we can support it also.

Blondi 5 years, 2 months ago

Thank you greeneye for the submission of removal for kittin's remark. When I read it I thought it was totally out of line. I agree with Craig_gal totally. My thought was, why would you want to put a drug rehab right in the same building (they do hook together) where there are drugs available even if they are under lock and key? Any druggie will find a way to get to them. It happens all the time. I don't like the idea of it being right next to schools either. Some folks try hard to raise their kids right and while drug rehab might be needed, I don't think it needs to be where there are lots of kids either. I was also amazed that freeman didn't understand the first two remarks on this forum. I wish there were easy answers but I can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first huh?

Globe 5 years, 2 months ago

In Singapor they provide rehab in the form of a good caneing. If you are a drug dealer they take you out and beat the crap out of you and then lock you up where you get daily beatings. In a couple of years you get out and have no desire to ever mess with drugs again. We send drug dealers and users into prisons with TV, weight rooms, basketball courts, three meals a day, great healthcare, libraries, snack shops, and all the $3X you want (ok most you don't want), but where is the incentive to not doing the crime other than a little time and having to be some guys B---atch? We slap peole's hands, give them a time out, and then put them back on the streets. I say we provide rehab the way they do in southeast asia for a while and see how that works out.

greeneyedgurl 5 years, 2 months ago

Why do you have to call Craig_gal names kittin? That's ridiculous and I submitted it for removal. Grow up. Everybody has the right to make comments regarding the subjects on this forum, you don't have the right to call someone names. Globe-will you call me if you find the planet with those trees and little elves?

als362 5 years, 2 months ago

I think either part or all of this building could be used for the stupid rec center that some people think they need. At least then we wouldn't have the expense of erecting another needless building for a tenth or less of the people to use. Then after it proves that it can sustain itself on its own revenue, without the use of taxes, other possibilities could be looked into.

chidrenofgod 5 years, 2 months ago

I see everyones points and there is an advantage of using the building where it's at! My point simply and not intending to step on anyones toes is that there is a real need for a local rehab facility, they would not be dealing drugs out of it to anyones children! If we are concerned about that I think we need to take a closer look at the people already dealing drugs in, around and next door to our schools!