Which of the Craig Centennial celebration events would you like to see as an annual offering?

A large, live community concert with a recognized band or musical act. 85 votes

53.46%

AirFest 13 votes

8.18%

Neither 13 votes

8.18%

Why not both? 48 votes

30.19%

159 total votes

Comments

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

It's to bad that it takes a centennial to have attractions like this in Craig. Things like this could bring in lots of people. I have always wanted to go see an air show--even a small one would be great to see. I have a cousin who puts together an air show in Grand Junction every year. I haven't ever been to see that one either. Maybe some day. sigh

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Boy, I sure wish I could have been at the air show. Did you go 50? What did everyone think of it? Maybe, someday, I'll get to one. My other half would have really enjoyed the military aircraft.

Craig_gal 6 years, 4 months ago

I am with you granny, I was unable to attend this year but what a fantastic event for the entire family. It was wonderful to have such a great show in the area. I think i could get used to this centennial stuff.

Craig_gal 6 years, 4 months ago

Okay granny, I just have to ask why you have not been able to see any of them?

bigrred1576 6 years, 4 months ago

Granny, you better start a "bucket list". since your other half (notice i didnt say better) is retired, You are supposed to get to do all these things. In some of your travels you should see an air show. I had to work the day of the air show, and I missed it without seeing any of it. I didnt attend the Big concert (thats my own fault) and wished I would have. They didnt make alot of profit from it, but looks like the broke even, I think Craig could support something like this at least once a year. Those who dont attend the community concerts miss alot for the price, any one of those shows in Denver would cost as much or more for one, than it does for the six here.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

BUCKET LIST:

1: See air show. Thanks for the idea bigred.

The reason we haven't seen one is that my "better" half usually had to work. Shift work really sucks. When he had a week end off, I usually had to work. Sometimes we had days off together during the work week, but seldom had week ends together. There is a big one in Vegas on Veteran's Day. I would really love to see that one. There is a good one in Grand Junction sometime during September.

50cal 6 years, 4 months ago

Granny, didn't get to go either. wanted to but had other prioritys. maybe you should come up to junction for the weekend in sept. I will be at that one.haven't been able to attend alot of the events in craig for one reason or another.but I think if they would advertise them alot we could have better turn out. Hopefully I can go to a few more before the summer is over.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

50--I will probably still be stuck in Arkansas in Sept. Family comes first. Things aren't going very well here.