What holiday season activity do you look forward to the most?

Spending time with family. 111 votes

69.38%

Exchanging presents. 5 votes

3.13%

Attending religious services. 11 votes

6.88%

Singing Christmas carols. 4 votes

2.50%

Seeing thy many lights and decorations displays around town. 17 votes

10.63%

Other - Specify in online comments section below. 12 votes

7.50%

160 total votes

Comments

cantstandtexans 6 years ago

My recommendation for the 25th of December? Stay inside and do nothing but resting. It's been a long building season and I'm ready to hibernate til late winter....then....back at it til the start of Summer....and then I'm gonna go ride my quad for the rest of summer and fall. Then I might become a Snow Bird the winter of 2009-2010. But on 12-25-08? Nothing!! Oh yeah!

grannyrett 6 years ago

Oh my! How about all the above. Such a great time of the year. Let's try to keep a little of the Christmas spirit going all year long.

cantstandtexans 6 years ago

But uh...Christmas is a bogus holiday. I'll take the day off..but celebrate Christmas? No....if you're trying to tie the birth of Jesus with the this time of the year which some research would reveal a direct relation to Roman meths and pagan beliefs...I truly believe it should be avoided....firmly! One only needs to study out the political move the Roman Emperor Constantine pulled off by combining Christian beliefs with Roman pagan beliefs. his is history...not me making up some fairy tail. And I'm not a Jehovah Witness nor an atheists. Just simply stating a true fact.

And yes....it would be nice is people lived everyday like they try to on Christmas or Easter. But we all know that just ain't so.

grannyrett 6 years ago

cantstand-You believe whatever you want. As for me and mine-we will believe what we want. It's our right, same as you have the right not to believe it. I won't rain on your parade if you will leave mine alone. I love Christmas, I love the reason for the holiday, and yes, I try to live everyday like it's Christmas. So, sit in your easy chair, and don't celebrate the "reason for the season". That's okay with me.

cantstandtexans 6 years ago

The reason for the season..............................?????? The reason for the season is tied to Roman paganism. Jesus was not born in December Why don't you celebrate the birth of Jesus in September...which most noted historians say is much closer to the birth date. I just do not understand why people want to equate December...the winter solstice event that was respected by the Romans for "THEIR" religious beliefs....with Christian beliefs. Unless you equate Constantine's vision of a cross up in the sky and the blending of paganism with Christian beliefs of that era. A political move it was. It's simply fascinating. It truly is. But do as you will.....I'll be relaxing and staying warm.

grannyrett 6 years ago

And I don't understand why you--cantstand--are so upset with my beliefs. How does it offend you?

playfair08 6 years ago

I am looking forward to not spending it in wonderful Craig CO USA!!!

cantstandtexans 6 years ago

So grannyrett...how do you get the idea that what you believe upsets me? I'm simply questioning how it is that somehow...at this time of the year...people celebrate the birth of the One and Only True Living God? (And yes...as Jews know as well as Muslims...there is only one God...and he goes by the name of Jesus!! That grinds against tradition but it's what the bible teaches and what the Apostles stressed and taught as well.) Again.where can you find in my comments, that I was either argumentative or angry? Just trying to have someone explain to me how "It's the Reason for the Season". Fair enough?

In my prior comment....I said that it was "fascinating" to see the correlation of the birth of Jesus and Roman religion....which there is no correlation at all....except the time of year accepted through tradition. I wasn't trying to raise anyone hackles...truly.

taxslave 5 years, 12 months ago

"Hear ye ol Israel, the Lord our God is ONE LORD.'

question to cantstandtexans....

what is your baptism?

cantstandtexans 5 years, 12 months ago

Well taxslave....one must understand Koine Greek...which is the language the new testament was written in. Why? It's was the universal language that was spoken by most people in the then modern world...to them anyhow. Thanks to the conquests of Alexander the Great...one would say that most people were bi-lingual back then. I have not spoken Koine Greek in many years though I studied it in depth. The Apostle's were instructed by Jesus, to tell the world of His death-burial-resurrection.....and that the world would believe in Him (Referring to Jesus) through the "Apostle's words"!!

No matter how someone wants to believe...one must come to Jesus and die out to his old self....be buried in baptism...and then resurrect to a new person by the infilling of the spirit of who? Elohim (GOD!)? A supposed polytheistic number of gods exsisting in a higher demension of space or time? Paul spoke of having elevated into a higher demension thru prayer, and experienced things that he could not even mention...and Paul...being a very devote religious Jew....knew of only one God and after he was transformed thru repentence...he was baptised by Peter into the body ( Not literally but in essence of the resurrected Jesus) "INTO" the name of the only God that Peter worshipped. Jesus.

There are many reasons a person who is truly born again must be baptised into the body of Jesus...but let it be known...the only name the Apostles or the early "Called Out Ones" ever used when baptising someone...was into the Name of Jesus Christ. It is known by historians that well into the second century (100 AD+!)....the name of Jesus Christ was the only formula that was used in baptism. What happened?! History study....it's a marvelous thing!!

This isn't a bible study session...just answering your question there taxslave. I will say this...if someone really wants to have a much greater understanding of the bible...they "MUST" study Koine Greek to have a great understanding of what the New Testament writers were saying in these letters written for either a single person or a group of believers.

So...having said all this....into what name would you say I was baptised into?

No...I am not what I once was...that is no fault of "Him".....let me continue........

cantstandtexans 5 years, 12 months ago

I should have said by the way....the Paul was a "DEVOUT" Jew....sorry about that.

To have experienced the things I have...some would swear that I'm crazy. But make no mistake...I have experienced what the Apostles spoke of..."The Gifts of the Spirit". The Gift of Knowledge...The Gift of Discernment of Spirits..."The Gift of Interpretation...and others. Howbeit this is not such a easy topic to explain and it's not easy for me to ponder where I once walked....but walk I did. And lived in a light that few could understand unless they have walked in this light themselves. It was real...more pure and real than this dimension we walk in everyday.

I should stop....there will be those who will positively think I'm insane. But when...thru prayer and dedication...you were walking in these dimensions...it was far more of a real dimension than this 3rd dimension everyone lives in. The 4th...5th...possibly the 6th dimension I have entered into. And those Gifts....I understood things about people and saw things about others that would make you understand that there "IS" a God...and His name is Jesus. Interestingly however...even though I do not walk in that light now...I still at times have those things happen...knowing things about someone that no one else knows about them....having knowledge about...things.

You see...I'll be called insane...believe me....so be it.

So taxslave...what about you? Why would you ask me such a question?

I happen to strongly believe that Christmas is "NOT" what it made out to be.