According to the 2007-08 Healthy Kids Colorado survey, 27 percent of Moffat County High School senior girls indicated they had been raped. Do you find this statistic credible?

Yes 92 votes

34.59%

No 139 votes

52.26%

Not sure 35 votes

13.16%

266 total votes

Comments

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

I find it incredible! I don't even know how to vote on this one.

cantstandtexans 6 years, 4 months ago

Be settled there granyrett....I'm not touching this one!!!! I never attempted anything like this when I was young or ever! I don't know....you would hope that it's not true...but.....

grandma_1 6 years, 4 months ago

Well....... ! According to your poll reguarding the question of the week-Healthy kids survey- 50% of you don't think this could happen in our little town. SHAME ON YOU! If these poor girls had someone whom they could confide in without having fingers pointed at them, and not feel the shame that comes with this kind of outragous act towards them, there might be less rapes in our community. For God's sake- give them your support and listen to them, Who knows, One of them might be your daughter or granddaughter. Then how would you feel ?

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

If even one girl was raped, it is to many. Something has to be done to stop the fear of reporting this. Parents, listen to your kids. If they say they have been raped or molested, believe them. Teach them what is right and what is wrong. Let them know you love them, will fight for them, and unconditionally support them. That is your duty as a parent. Girls-If it has happened to you, tell someone! If not your parents, find someone you can tell who will stand by you. There are a lot of people out there who care. That is why we have an abused and battered hot line. Rape is abuse. Get help. Demand help.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

Patrick-Nobody in their right mind is okay with this number!

missingcraig 6 years, 4 months ago

Of course you should believe young people with accusations of that nature. It's always worth checking out. But on surveys like this, I'm not sure that kids' responses are always truthful.

grannyrett 6 years, 4 months ago

If 26 kids lied, I don't care. If one kid told the truth, some boy out there needs to be prosecuted for his actions. One is too many. Stuff like this shouldn't happen, and until we open our eyes and do something about it, it will go on and on. It is crazy to let this go on. Let's teach these kids what is acceptable behavior and what isn't.

redneckgirl 6 years, 4 months ago

Wow there sure are a lot of grandma's these days around here. I think some of these girls if it has happened- feel that this town is so small; that it would be all over so they keep quite. Which is very sad if that does happen but as a teen growing up in this town, I'm not so sure I would have said anything. It never happened to me so I can't say how these girls think but anyhow..that's my thought.

slipknot 6 years, 4 months ago

Rape as word or an action is objective. To paraphrase Bill Clinton it all depends an what you mean by the word rape. He (the male) was having sex. She (the young lady) was having an oversexed kid forcing himself upon her. He was having a great time, probably under the influence of alcohol or a slight amount of weed and not in full control of his mental facilities. She on the other hand was probably scared, slightly under the influence of a smooth talker and a little booze or weed. Maybe at a party where everybody else was doing "it". And, she really didn't want to be left out of the in crowd. But none the less she was forced or coerced into doing someing she didn't want to do. In my opinion that's rape pure and simple.