Do you think there is a parking problem downtown?

Yes, but that's a good thing 30 votes

18.29%

Yes, and I hate it 70 votes

42.68%

No 64 votes

39.02%

164 total votes

Comments

Barry Barnes 6 years, 9 months ago

i agree native there is plenty of parking and some need to learn to park .

JLTBIII 6 years, 9 months ago

I wonder how many blocks we walk when shopping at the Mesa Mall in Grand Junction?

btyjo77 6 years, 9 months ago

That is right.... how much of craig is over weight?..... hummm might not hurt to walk that extra block.

Taylor 6 years, 9 months ago

I actually wish parking WAS a problem - that would mean downtown is busier. I wish they would return Victory Way to a 2 way and keep 4th St as a bypass for the commercial traffic and commuters.

diggerswife 6 years, 9 months ago

I walk farther across the City Market parking lot than I do downtown, even during Grand Olde West Days activities and Christmas Shopping days. We don't have a parking problem ANYWHERE in Craig.

Taylor 6 years, 9 months ago

Maybe that would be a good poll for next week. And maybe we should bring that up at an upcoming City Council meeting. I can't see where it would be horribly expensive to change. It would be great for downtown business as well as the commercial traffic flow. It would create a nice small town ambience for the downtown area. Talk about "beautifying Craig"...that would be a step in the right direction.

als362 6 years, 9 months ago

I think it is not the walking that is wrong, no one minds a little walking, it is the parallel parking. It is hard to get in and out of a spot, and you risk a much greater chance of dinging a fender than when angle parking. Not only that if the parking on Yampa Ave. was angled, the parking capacity would about double. If people are concerned about crowding the traffic, then angle park only on one side.