Two engines from Craig Fire/Rescue, an EMT crew from The Memorial Hospital in Craig and the Craig Police Department responded to a home at 10th and Legion Street after a neighbor reported smelling natural gas Monday afternoon. A boiler in the garage of the home was leaking natural gas outside through a vent and in the garage. Craig Fire/Rescue secured the home and isolated the gas. Personnel from Atmos Energy responded to the home as well and remained after authorities left the scene.
Gail Severson, left, and Robin Schiffbauer run the St. Michael's Community Kitchen in Craig. On Saturday the Craig Rotary Club honored Severson and Schiffbauer with the first ever Bill and Nancy Muldoon Humanitarian Award during Diamonds and Spurs.
Craig Fire/Rescue firefighter Kamisha Siminoe poses with her three children at the firehouse, 419 Yampa Ave. Siminoe joined the fire department in 1999 and is currently the fourth longest tenured firefighter.
Ann Marie Roberts stands behind the bar at Double Barrel Steakhouse in Craig. Roberts is the Moffat County High School girls golf coach and has become more involved in the community since moving back to Craig to help operate the Double Barrel Steakhouse with her husband.
Buy & Shop Local. January 2013 Insights
From left, Jeannie Wixson, Mary Walters, Sandy Mansfield, Virginia Cromer, Juanita Williams and Edie Eggers stand in the VFW post in Craig after their monthly meeting. The six attend almost every meeting and discuss ways to improve the Craig community.