July 1, 2012
Craig Fire/Rescue firefighters extinguished a small fire in a water heater Sunday night at 410 Elmwood St. The incident, called in at about 9:45 p.m., was one of three blazes reported Sunday, four since Saturday night.
Stories this photo appears in:
Officials: Downed power line sparked grass fire
Multiple agencies responded Saturday night to a fire near Colowyo Coal Co. As of about 8:30 p.m., the blaze had consumed an estimated 80 acres, Craig Fire/Rescue Chief Bill Johnston said. At that time, the fire was not fully contained. Craig Fire/Rescue sent three apparatuses to the blaze, reported at about 7:45 p.m. and which firefighters named the Colowyo Fire. One engine each from Colowyo and the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office also helped battle the flames that burned on land belonging to the mine.