Photo detail

Craig Fire/Rescue firefighters responded Monday to the home of Rick and Tami Barnes for a fire. The house was a total loss, but Rick said he felt fortunate he and his family escaped unharmed.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Firefighters respond to fire at Barnes residence

Barnes: When it comes to having a crisis this is one of the best communities

On Monday Craig Fire/Rescue firefighters responded to a report of a house fire on Moffat County Road 174 about 10 miles west of Craig. The home belongs to longtime Moffat County residents Rick and Tami Barnes. Craig Fire/Rescue Chief Bill Johnston said the blaze, which started at approximately 10 p.m., was ignited by a faulty wood-burning stove. Firefighters battled blizzard conditions, Johnston said, but had the fire under control after about an hour and a half.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.