Photo detail

Leo, an emaciated Airedale terrier rescued from Craig, is recuperating at an emergency veterinary hospital in Denver. The Airedale Terrier Rescue and Adoption group in Colorado wrote a letter to the Craig Daily Press commending Bear Creek Animal Hospital and the Craig Police Department for helping to save Leo’s life. Read the letter on page 6 of today’s Daily Press.

Comments

Becky Plummer 2 years, 6 months ago

If you couldn't afford to feed your dog why didn't you just give him up for adoption to the clinic.. I prefer to think that is the reason the dog is this bad, surely no one would do this to him out of spite...

wellwell 2 years, 6 months ago

I've known this dog as a close neighbor and it is a very good dog. It was well taken care of by the owner for years, I don't know what all changed in the neighbor's life, but the man has now died and I remember him as nice neighbor. As a volunteer at the shelter I saw the dog and he was up barking before he was transferred. I feel very sorry for him and hope they can bring him back to fill health and happiness.

Colette Erickson 2 years, 6 months ago

So, "wellwell", are we to infer from your comment that you were aware of this dog's condition, in a neighboring yard, and did nothing? Shameful! Shameful of all the neighbors who saw this dog and did nothing. Will the person responsible for allowing this dog to get in this horrific condition be charged criminally by the City Attorney or the DA? Will Craig law-enforcement send a message that torture of animals will not be tolerated in Craig/Moffat County?

wellwell 2 years, 6 months ago

3canines and metoo, When you say "I prefer to think........do this to him out of spite" and "are we to infer......you were aware".......that you knew as little about what went on IN THE HOUSE where the dog was found as the neighbors did. You should be ever so careful before you accuse. The man that had the dog died in his home. I and the neighbors were interviewed by police and I was concerned about both the man and his dog. Do you think that someone "tortured" the dog inside the house? Do you know the man that died. Do you think he loved his dog? Do you know of the man's life and do you know that he may have been attending to a family matter and gone with his dog? Would you like to be more careful before you go trying to charge others (or the dead) when you don't know the condition? The neighbors and police officers knew the man (as much as he allowed) and cared about the nice dog. Please be more careful before offending those that cared the most.

Colette Erickson 2 years, 6 months ago

I stand by my remarks/questions. Hard to believe that an animal could get into this awful condition without anyone noticing. If everyone is/was so concerned, surely someone was checking on this gentleman and/or his dog? This did not happen overnight.

wellwell 2 years, 6 months ago

I as well stand by my real regard in this situation that I cared more than you certainly know, because I was there and you were not..

wellwell 2 years, 6 months ago

@ 3 canines I have truthfully and politely told you that the neighbors cared about the dog and the man that owned Leo. (I do not like the word "owned" and "prefer had a pet"} and that you do not know the situation. If you do make another negative remark about the neighbors I will ask the paper to act on the matter.

Colette Erickson 2 years, 6 months ago

I have only made comments on what one may deduce from the public information in the newspaper, and the conclusion which one might reasonably draw from that information, as well as from your own comments. "Caring" is still different from "acting/taking action."