Photo detail

Western Hills Motel at 700 W. Victory Way was built in 1954 by Lawrence and Audrey Combe. It was torn down in the 1990s and is now the site of Walgreens.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Moffat County History: Craig's early motels

As major highways began to see improvements during the 1920s and 1930s, one of the new features on the American scene were motels first called Tourist Camps or Cabin Courts. In Craig, the first one was the Craig Cottage Court at 894 Yampa Ave., now known as Craig Motel.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.