December 19, 2015
Rose Horn, 84, passed away on December 12.
Rose was born December 20th, 1930 to Otto and Bertha Ramstetter, and grew up in Golden Gate Canyon, outside of Golden.
In 1952 Rose married Raymond Horn and joined his parents on their ranch. In 1964 they purchased the ranch in McCoy where the family continues to ranch today.
Rose worked hard right alongside her husband and sons, riding, irrigating and haying, while cooking and caring for the home. She continued to do all the paperwork, cow records and finances until her last days.
She will be remembered for her faith, her genuine warmth, her wisdom, those blue eyes that twinkled and her infectious smile.
Rose is survived by sons Carl, Gary (Brita), Dale (Rena), and Glen (Angie), grandchildren CJ (Melissa), Chelsea, Adam, Nathan, Abigail and Izabel, and 3 great-grandchildren.
Memorial services are December 21, 2015 at 11:00 am, at the McCoy Community Center in McCoy, Colorado. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the McCoy Community Church.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Craig Police Department warns residents of postal scam
- Slick road contributes to Highway 40 rollover in Moffat County
- Man stays overnight in church bathroom: On the record for Nov. 11, 12
- Highway 13 north of Craig reopened; six cattle dead; driver sustains minor injuries after single vehicle rollover crash
- Obituary: Richard M. Haslem