William Carey Yowell
July 21, 2015
William "Bill" Carey Yowell, Jr. passed away peacefully with family by his side on July 15, 2015. He was born in Gordonsville, VA in 1926 to William Carey Yowell, Sr. and Lucy Lacy Yowell. He was predeceased by his wife Betty Gill Yowell, and is survived by his brothers, Beverly C. Yowell (Jeannine) and George L. Yowell (Norene), four children, Ann Y. Key (Gray), Carolyn Y. Crosby (Andy), Elizabeth C. Howell (Jay) and William C. Yowell, III (Kim), twelve grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
Bill was known for his optimistic and outgoing nature and was always up for an adventure. He was an avid skier, having skied all over the world, but was never happier than in his beloved Steamboat Springs, Colorado. He has passed his passion for skiing down to his children and grandchildren. Bill's other passions included golf, snowmobiling, hunting, ice fishing, scuba diving and making his Saturday morning treks to find the best yard sales.
A memorial service to celebrate Bill's life is being held in McLean, VA on July 21st. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in memory of William C. Yowell, Jr. to The Salvation Army – National Capital Area Command, 2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Slick road contributes to Highway 40 rollover in Moffat County
- Craig Police Department warns residents of postal scam
- Man stays overnight in church bathroom: On the record for Nov. 11, 12
- Wanted: Craig Police seek fugitive
- Highway 13 north of Craig reopened; six cattle dead; driver sustains minor injuries after single vehicle rollover crash