Mary Jean Barrick
March 18, 2014
Jean passed away Monday, March 17 at Delta County Memorial Hospital. She was born in Craig, CO on July 5, 1923 to Frank Leslie and Mary Frances (Miller) Holt. Her sister Una Hobbs and brother Richard Holt preceded her in death. Jean married George Dean Barrick, Jr. on April 29, 1945 in Craig. The love of her life died in 2006 after 61 years of marriage. Their four children survive: Bill (Santa Clarita, CA; married to Barbara Dow), Martha (Casper, WY; married to Bill Hale), Jim (Cody, WY; married to Rhoda Palmer), and Susan (Eckert, CO; married to Jim Dole). Jean is also survived by 10 grandchildren and 26 great-grandchildren whose birthdays she faithfully remembered with a card and expression of her love. She was active in her church and loved to explore Colorado back roads, camp, fish, and read. She resided with Susan and Jim Dole in Eckert for the past seven years.
Jean was a member of Garnet Mesa Baptist Church in Delta, CO. Her memorial service will be held there at 10:00 AM, Wednesday, March 19. Internment will be in the cemetery in Craig, CO.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man seriously injured in car crash east of Hayden
- Pickup plunges into Loudy-Simpson pond south of Craig
- Driver hospitalized in Denver after Friday collision with semi truck outside Hayden
- Open records request sheds light on police chief’s forced retirement
- Tires slashed on multiple vehicles: On the record for Oct. 12, 13